He was born in Zatouna, Gortynia, Arcadia. He studied at the Dramatic School of National Theatre (Δραματική Σχολή του Εθνικού Θεάτρου). He also studied maths at the Philosophical School at the University of Athens until his second year in 1933. He headed a theatrical company from 1952 and an actor from 1960.
He died on 29 October 1986 in Athens, from a heart attack, aged 73.
He wrote books:
- Bouloukia (Μπουλούκια) 1940
- Imitonia (Ημιτόνια) 1960
- Sklira trioleta (Σκληρά τριολέτα) 1961
- 25 Chronia Theatro (25 χρόνια θέατρο = 25 Years of Theatre) 1958, autobiography
- To Potami Tis Zois Mou (Το ποτάμι της ζωής μου = The River of My Life) 1965, autobiography
- Ena Koritsi Sto Parathyro (Ένα κορίτσι στο παράθυρο) 1966, theatrical work
- Pelopidas O Kalos Politis (Πελοπίδας ο καλός πολίτης = Pelopidas The Good Citizen), theatrical work, 1976
His important works were from Chekhov, Ibsen and from Shakespeare at the Royal Garden in 1956 and for many years worked together with D. Iliopoulos. He appeared in hundreds of comedies other than his dramatic roles. His characterisitcal interpretations were in "Don Camillo". He did about a hundred movies with comedic roles including Kalpiki Lira, Laterna, Ftochia I Filotimo, Ta Kitrina Gandia (The Yellow Glove) as Leandros, To Soferaki (Το σωφεράκι = The Little Chauffeur), etc. His characteristic and the cinematographic quote was: "And after we siiit" ("Και μετά θα κάααθεσαι" = "Kai meta tha kaaathesai")
- D.S. of the Hellenic Actors Guild, member
- Panhellenic Union of the Free Theatricals, member
- D.S. Armed Decree, president
|This article about a Greek actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|