|Birth name||Lee Min-young|
|Also known as||Min|
June 21, 1991 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Genres||K-Pop, Pop, Dance-pop, Electropop, Teen Pop, Mandopop|
|Occupations||Singer, Dancer, Actress|
|Labels||JYP Entertainment (2003-2008)
JYP Entertainment (2010-present)
|Associated acts||miss A (2010-present)
JYP Nation (2003–present)
|Revised Romanization||I Min Yeong|
|McCune–Reischauer||Yi Min Yǒng|
Lee Min-young (Hangul: 이민영; Hanja: 李玟暎), also known as Min, is a South Korean idol singer and dancer. She is a member of the Korean girl group miss A which is under JYP Entertainment. Before debuting with miss A, Min had some notable recognition in South Korea and some parts of America for being "Lil Jon's protege". She is considered as JYP's longest trainee having been trained for eight years before debuting.
Min was born on June 21, 1991 in Seoul, South Korea. At a very young age, she had already been exposed to the entertainment industry as she had taken part in "BoBoBo" (The Korean version of Sesame Street), as part of the duo called "Eolleong Ddungddang". At 13 years old, she and Girls' Generation's member, Hyoyeon, formed a dance duo called "Little Winners". Videos of Little Winners have become a popular watch on YouTube. Min auditioned to be a part of JYP Entertainment when she was in the 6th grade. After a year of training, she was sent to the U.S. to train some more as she prepared for a U.S. debut. She went to study at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan. Min had revealed on an episode of Oh! My School, a South Korean variety show, that on the sixth year of her training, she had ran away after being disheartened from the recurring delay of her U.S. debut. She said that no one, not even her family nor JYP, knew that she had gone back to South Korea in 2008. She worked several jobs including being a Dance teacher and an English teacher for about 18 months.
New York, USA
For Min's U.S. debut, JYP teamed up with Lil Jon in the production of her album. She had an official MySpace account put up where two of her solo singles can be heard up until now. Her solo singles are "Dance Like This", "Go Ahead" and "Boyfriend".
In June 2010, JYP Entertainment announced that they will be debuting a 4-member girl group called miss A. Min was added to group just before their debut in South Korea. The group had originally started as a 3-member group and began their first official promotional activities in China by signing up with Samsung China and released a commercial song called "Love Again" for the Samsung Beat Festival. Min made a cameo appearance in the music video of the song hinting to fans of her eventual debut with the group. They released their debut single, "Bad Girl Good Girl", from their debut mini-album, "Bad but Good", on the 30th of June, 2010. The song went to #1 on music charts and gave miss A their first Mutizen award on Mnet M! Countdown. They also took home the first place on KBS Music Bank and SBS Inkigayo. They made their first comeback stage on September 26, 2010 with their single "Breathe" from their mini-album "Step Up" on Mnet M! Countdown where it was #1 for a week. Their comeback was praised for being very different from their debut stage as they exhibited a "doll-like transformation".
miss A was then invited to perform at the "KCC Switzen All That Skate Spring 2011" Ice Show from the 6th to the 8th of May. During the show, they performed their hits and their newly released track called "Love Alone". The song was released on 2 May 2011, and was said to have been created for the ice show. On July 10, 2011, miss A's official website released an audio teaser of their much awaited comeback single. The next day, Min's teaser was released. Min's teaser highlighted the anger one would have after being in a dysfunctional relationship especially when she slapped the man causing him to fall. The video gained even more attention when Min declared on her Twitter account that the slap featured in the teaser was real and that she "felt bad" for it. After the successful promotion of the first album, A Class, the group ventured out into the Chinese market where they released a Taiwan Special Edition of the album which includes Chinese remakes of their hits.
After miss A's promotion for their debut mini-album, Min collaborated with her label mate, San E, for his debut single, "Tasty San". She joined him on his debut stages on various music shows for the month of September. Min was then selected to be a part of the G20 Seoul Summit that was held on November 2010. She was chosen to sing with 20 various idols from 2PM, 2AM, Girls' Generation, BEAST, MBLAQ and more for its theme song. The recording was done separately for two days and one day for all the participants to gather for the recording of the chorus. The song, entitled "Let's Go", was released through a number of online music charts on the 15th of October, 2010.
On October 2010, Min was cast to appear on the pilot episode of KBS 100 Points Out of 100, a South Korean variety show that replaced Star Golden Bell. Min was "expelled" from the show due to poor performance on the first episode. However, when the show came back on air as "100 Points Out Of 100", Min was "re-enrolled" with the help of label mate, Chansung of 2PM. She became a permanent cast member of the show then on until it was announced to be cancelled on May, 2011. Rumors of Min being cast for an upcoming movie then surfaced the internet throughout the month of November 2010. But on September 2011, at the press conference of the movie "Countdown", actress Jeon Do Youn talks about Min who is cast because she resembles to her. Min plays Jeon Do Yeon’s daughter. Also Min revealed to be a street punk in her movie.
Due to KARA's controversy that arose in January, 2011, Park Gyuri could not host her radio show Shimshimtapa with Super Junior's Shindong. And since Shindong also had to attend to personal appointments for the dates 29th and 30th, Choi Woo Yong announced that they will enlist Min, 2PM's Lee Junho and MBLAQ as temporary hosts. On the following month, Min showed her support towards the Pink Wings Campaign, ran by the Korean Citizens' Coalition for Teens, by participating in the special photoshoot Vogue Girl conducted. The campaign aims to raise funds for scholarships that would be awarded to struggling young adults. The pictures were revealed on February 15, 2011.
Shortly after KBS announced the cancellation of 100 Points Out of 100, they announced that a new singing variety show will take its place on May 4, 2011. Immortal Song 2 boasted an all-idol cast that listed Min as one of its participants. Unfortunately, Min had to drop out of the show even before it started due to the conflicting schedules it had with miss A's comeback preparations.
She's now guesting on a sitcom called 'Reckless Family 2' for the whole month of January 2013. She started filming the sitcom on 7 January and it is being scheduled every Monday of the month. This will be aired on MBC Every1 every Tuesday at 6PM.
|2009||Min||Dance Like This||Dance Like This|
|Min||Go Ahead||Go Ahead|
|2010||San E ft. Min||Tasty San||Everybody Ready?|
|Group of 20||Let's Go||G20 Seoul Summit|
|JYP Nation||This Christmas||JYP Nation Team Play Concert|
|2012||Min||Living Like A Fool||Bachelor's Vegetable OST|
|Baro ft. Min||Just the Two of Us||IGNITION|
|2011||Countdown||Jang Hyeon-ji||Oh Jeong-wan|
|2011||Dream High||Cameo as a flash mob dancer (ep 16)||KBS2|
|2012||Dream High 2||Cameo as herself (ep 15)||KBS2|
|2013||Reckless Family 2||herself||MBC|
|2010||Oh! My School (100 Points Out of 100)||KBS2|
|2012||Crown Princess Project – The Resurrection of the Royal Family||KBS2|
|2014||After School Club||Arirang||Special MC Episode 40, 41, 42 and 59|
|Happy Together||KBS2||Episode 336|
Music video appearance
|2010||This Christmas||JYP Nation|
-  Freestle Football with miss A
-  Aniplace with miss A
-  Edwin Spring/Summer Collection with miss A and Kim Bum
-  Edwing Fall/Winter Collection with miss A and Nichkhun
- Korean Tourism Organization with miss A and 2PM
-  Samsung Galaxy s3 (Olympic Campaign) With miss A
-  Roem with miss A
-  MLB Korea with miss A
-  Crossfire (China) with miss A and 2PM
- , miss A's Official Site.
- "miss A's Min was a trainee for 8 years". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "지 드래곤, 신세경, 민 알고보니 '뽀뽀뽀' 동문?". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "G. Dragon, Shin Sekyung, miss A's Min were once on BoBoBo". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- , 귀여운 팝퍼, 리틀위너스, 힙합퍼, January 27, 2004.
- "미쓰에이 민 "미래 막막해 1년 반 동안 가출" 고백". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Hilliard, Chloe A. "Seoul Train". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "[M/V] miss A "Love Again" from Samsung Anycall Campaign(Chinese)". 22 June 2010. JYPE. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- JYPE set to unleash a new girl group miss A, Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- miss A dominates Monkey3 Music Chart for July, Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- "'활동종료' 미쓰에이, "아쉬움 많이 남지만"". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- 미쓰에이, 김연아 아이스쇼 피날레 장식, Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- 미쓰에이, '아이스쇼' 대기실 직찍 공개..'화사해', Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- miss A reveals teaser for comeback track, Good-bye, Baby, Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- , Retrieved 28/10/2011.
- "San E debuts with "Everybody Ready"". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "San E debuts with "Tasty San" on MCountdown". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "San E debuts on Music Bank with "Tasty San"". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "San E makes a tasty debut on Music Core". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "20 idol singers unite to sing the G20 Seoul Summit theme song". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "KBS ‘자유선언 토요일’ 신설, 명받았습니다-백점만점 폐지 비운". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "miss A Min’s big screen debut unconfirmed". Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "Min is cast in the movie "Countdown" because she resembles Jeon Do Youn".
- "Min plays Jeon Do Yeon's daughter in "Countdown"".
- "Min revealed to be a street punk in "Countdown"".
- "카라 박규리 31일 ‘심심타파’ DJ 복귀설 모락모락". Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "박민영, 새콤달콤 화장 '상큼 그 자체!'". Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "아이유 예성 창민 불후의명곡2 아이돌 6인 라인업 확정". Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "샤이니 종현, '불후의 명곡2' 합류..민 잠정하차". Retrieved 23 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Min.|