Min Buri District
|Min Buri District
Khet location in Bangkok
|• Total||63.645 km2 (24.573 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,810/km2 (4,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||THA (UTC+7)|
Min Buri (Thai: มีนบุรี; IPA: [mīːn būrīː]) is one of the 50 districts (Khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. It is bounded by other Bangkok districts (from north clockwise): Khlong Sam Wa, Nong Chok, Lat Krabang, Saphan Sung, and Khan Na Yao.
The district was once a province established in 1901 during King Chulalongkorn period consisting of Amphoe Khlong Sam Wa, Amphoe Saen Saep, Amphoe Nong Chok, and Amphoe Chia Radap (เจียรดับ). The name Min Buri (meaning city of fish) was chosen to go with the existing Thanyaburi Province (meaning city of rice). Economic problems during 1930-31 caused the government to disband various organizations to reduce expenses. The Min Buri Province was also eliminated and turned into Amphoe Min Buri and Amphoe Lat Krabang of Bangkok, and Amphoe Nong Chok of Chachoengsao Province. In 1957 part of Saen Saep subdistrict of Lat Krabang were transferred to Min Buri. And finally in 1997, the northern part of Min Buri were split out to form the new Khlong Sam Wa district.
The district is sub-divided into two sub-districts (Khwaeng).
The District Council for Min Buri has seven members, who each serve four-year terms. Elections were last held on April 30, 2006. The results were as follows:
- Democrat Party - 7 seats
- Minburi Local Museum (Former Minburi City Hall)
- Small Barge Museum
- Minburi Old Market
- Chatuchak Weekend Market 2 Minburi
- Kwan-Riam Floating Market
- Rama IX Commemoration Park (สวนเฉลิมพระเกียรติ ร.9 มีนบุรี)
- Wat Bang Pheng Tai (วัดบางเพ็งใต้)
- Wat Bamphen Nuea (วัดบำเพ็ญเหนือ)
- Wat Saen Suk (วัดแสนสุข)
|This section requires expansion. (March 2013)|
- Kasem Bundit University Romklao Campus
- Minburi Discovery Learning Library
- Setthabutbamphen School
- Satrisetthabutbamphen School
- Minburi Technical College
- Minprasatwittaya School
- Bromsgrove International School Thailand (early years campus and primary and secondary campus)
- Ruamrudee International School
- Bangchan Industrial Estate
- "Contact Us." Bromsgrove International School Thailand. Retrieved on 6 March 2013. "Early Years Campus 344 Mu 12 Ramkamhaeng 164 Rd, Minburi, Bangkok 10510" and "Primary and Secondary Campus 55 Mu9 Windsor Park Golf Club, Suwinthawong Rd, Minburi Bangkok 10510" Thai: Early years: "โรงเรียนอนุบาลนานาชาติบรอมส์โกรฟ: 344 หมู่ 12 ซอยรามคำแหง 164 กรุงเทพฯ 10510" Primary and secondary: "โรงเรียนประถมและมัธยมนานาชาติบรอมส์โกรฟ 55 หมู่ 9 ถนนสุวินทวงศ์"
- "Contact Us." Ruamrudee International School. Retrieved on 6 March 2013. "Ruamrudee International School 6 Ramkhamhaeng 184 Minburi - 10510 Bangkok Thailand"