Minagi Station (美袋駅 Minagi-eki?) is a JR West Hakubi Line station. The name of the station is very difficult to read in kanji. Minagi Station is located in Minagi, Sōja, Okayama Prefecture, Japan. The station is operated on a contract basis with JR West.
- 1925-05-17: Minagi Station opens
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Minagi Station becomes a JR West station
- 2007-07-02: Minagi Station begins using the ICOCA automated ticket system
Station building and platforms
Minagi Station has three platforms capable of handling three lines simultaneously. Platform 1 is next to the station building, with platforms 2 and 3 on the island platform accessible via the overpass walkway (see photo at right). A taxi station is located in front of the station. The station building is an old-style wooden building with a tile roof, giving it a more expensive appearance than most station buildings. The station uses an automated ticket machine, and has a unisex lavatory.
|1||█ Hakubi Line||to Bitchū-Takahashi • Niimi • Yonago|
|2||█ Hakubi Line||to Sōja • Kurashiki • Okayama (special trains only)|
|3||█ Hakubi Line||to Sōja • Kurashiki • Okayama|
Platform 2 is rarely used now that express and other special trains do not use this station.
Minagi Station is located within a bend in the Takahashi River, which is across Japan National Route 180, about 300m south of Minagi Station. The Minagi Post Office is located nearby, as are Sōja Municipal Shōwa Elementary School and Sōja Municipal Shōwa Junior High School.
- Japan National Route 180
- Okayama Prefectural Route 54 (Kurashiki-Minagi Route)
- Okayama Prefectural Route 166 (Minagi-Ibara Route)
- Okayama Prefectural Route 193 (Minagi Teishajō Route)
- Okayama Prefectural Route 306 (Kayō-Tanei Route)
- (Japanese) JR West