Minako Komukai at Asia Adult Expo 2010
|Native name||小向 美奈子|
May 27, 1985
|Occupation||Pornographic actress, actress, stripper|
Life and career
After dropping out of school, at age 15 Komukai began her career as a "gravure model" (a model who poses for men's magazines in suggestive fashion but fully clothed) and a swimsuit model. In 2001 she had a guest-star role as a schoolgirl in the Nippon Television comedy Danjiki: Buddhist Diet Secrets (歓迎！ダンジキ御一行様 Kangei! Danjiki Goikkosama?). For her appearances as a gravure idol and on television, she was selected as a "Fuji Television Visual Queen" for 2001. The next year she starred in the anime series Whistle! (ホイッスル！?), voicing the part of the boy hero Sho Kazamatsuri, broadcast in 2002 in 39 episodes on the Animax TV network. In 2003 Komukai starred in her first movie, the horror film Chain (チェーン?) directed by Atsushi Shimizu and released to theaters on July 19, 2003.
Komukai was cast as Princess Freezia in the Toei's August 2003 theatrical release of Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger Deluxe: Abare Summer Is Freezing Cold!, part of the long-running Super Sentai series. She returned to TV work starring as high school girl Rion Kano in the TV Tokyo romantic supernatural series Vampire Host (ヴァンパイアホスト ～夜型愛人専門店～?) which was broadcast from April to June 2004. She also starred in a very different role as the female sword fighter Sayuri in the period action drama Ranbu: Enbu kenshi (ＲＡＮＢＵ 艶舞剣士?), which reached theaters in November 2004.
In addition to modeling and acting, Komukai also appeared at Japanese video game events and eventually became acquainted with Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, appearing as a guest on his HIDECHAN! Radio show in 2006.
In September 2008, Komukai's agent R.I.P. (株式会社リップ?) announced that they were cancelling her exclusive contract because her poor health, mental instability and absences for the past few years had made it impossible for them to continue their support. In November of that same year, Komukai stirred the gravure world with her allegations that the industry was full of seedy types who attempt to solicit prostitution work out of the models although she denied any participation in prostitution activities herself. In January 2009, she was arrested on drug charges. She was convicted in Tokyo District Court in February 2009 of drug law violations for using methamphetamines and was sentenced to 18 months in prison suspended for three years. At the trial Komukai said she had been using drugs since mid-2007 under coercion from the man she had been dating. Komukai published a tell-all autobiography in November 2009 titled I'm Really Sorry (いっぱい、ごめんネ。 Ippai, gomen ne?) (ISBN 978-4198628581) in which she talks about dropping out of high school, early sexual activity and her drug problems.
Komukai starred in the 2010 Toei film Flower and Snake 3 (花と蛇３ Hana to hebi 3?) directed by Yusuke Narita. This was a sequel to Toei's sadomasochistic-themed 2004 film Flower and Snake, which was itself a remake of the classic 1974 version (Flower and Snake). The Japan Times reviewer's opinion of her acting abilities was not flattering. In 2010, Komukai started a career as a stripper.
When Tokyo police broke up a group of Japanese and Iranian drug dealers in October 2010, they found Komukai's name listed as a customer and in February 2011, they issued a warrant for her arrest. Komukai had left Japan by this time and was in Manila. In a February 14 interview in Manila, she denied the drug allegations, said she was "not afraid of getting arrested" and would soon be returning to Japan. Komukai was arrested for a second time on drug charges for alleged possession of methamphetamines at Tokyo's Narita International Airport when she returned from Manila on February 25, 2011. In March 2011, Komukai, who denied she was a customer of the drug gang, was released due to lack of evidence.
In October 2011 she entered the adult video (AV) industry as an exclusive actress for the company Alice Japan with the video AV Actress Minako Komukai. It was reported that she was being paid 100 million yen (nearly US$1 million) for a five film contract. Her AV debut film was a huge commercial success, selling over 200.000 copies in a field where 10,000 copies constitute a hit. In early 2012 with AV sales generally declining due to internet competition, other adult studios were also looking to sign big names from other areas of entertainment, a so-called "Minako Komukai effect."
- Chain (チェーン?) (2003)
- Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger Deluxe: Abare Summer Is Freezing Cold! (2003)
- The Big Slaughter Club: Growing (集団殺人クラブ GROWING Shūdan Satsujin Kurabu: GROWING?) (2004)
- Ranbu: Enbu kenshi (ＲＡＮＢＵ 艶舞剣士?) (2004)
- Tenshi ga Orita Hi (天使が降りた日?) (2005)
- Flower and Snake 3 (花と蛇３ Hana to hebi 3?) (2010)
- Danjiki: Buddhist Diet Secrets (歓迎！ダンジキ御一行様 Kangei! Danjiki Goikkosama?) (2001)
- Whistle! (ホイッスル！?) (2002)
- Vampire Host (2004)
Adult videos (AV)
|AV Actress Minako Komukai
|Ryuichi Arisugawa||AV debut|
|Arousal Minako Komukai
|Infinity Minako Komukai
|2012-06-22||Minako Komukai Complete
|Ryuichi Arisugawa||Compilation of her first three videos for Alice Japan|
|Minako Komukai x Alice Japan - Special Featuring Comprehensive Footage From Popular Series
小向美奈子×アリスＪＡＰＡＮ 人気シリーズ完全網羅スペシャル 小向美奈子
|2013-12-13||Big Dynamite Minako Komukai
|2014-02-01||Beach Queen Minako Komukai
BEACH QUEEN 小向美奈子
|2014-04-11||Rape Deviation Minako Komukai
- "小向美奈子賣淫 前男友轉賣其「下體照」". NowNews (in Japanese). March 16, 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "第７話" (in Japanese). NTV. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "フジテレビビジュアルクイーンの悲劇......沢尻、小向、華原朋美まで" (in Japanese). woman.infoseek.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "ホイッスル！" (in Japanese). All Cinema. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- Clements, Jonathan; McCarthy, Helen (2006). The Anime Encyclopedia: A Guide to Japanese Animation Since 1917 (Revised and Expanded edition). p. 721. ISBN 1-933330-10-4.
- "チェーン" (in Japanese). All Cinema. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "劇場版爆竜戦隊アバレンジャー DELUXE アバレサマーはキンキン中！" (in Japanese). MovieWalker. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "ヴァンパイアホスト ～夜型愛人専門店～" (in Japanese). All Cinema. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "RANBU 艶舞剣士" (in Japanese). MovieWalker. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "Metal Gear Nut Turned Stripper Is Now A Fugitive". kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "～小向美奈子 専属契約解除のご報告～" (in Japanese). megalodon.jp/. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "小向美奈子"ストリップ回帰"の理由…ＡＶバカ売れなのに～". ZakZak (in Japanese). January 27, 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "覚せい剤使用の小向美奈子被告に有罪判決" (in Japanese). Nikkan Sports. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "サインイン アカウントサービス" (in Japanese). www.amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "花と蛇３" (in Japanese). All Cinema. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- Giovanni Fazio (August 27, 2010). "'Hana to Hebi 3 (Flower & Snake 3)'". The Japan Times.
- "小向美奈子を温かい縄で緊縛 ＳＭは「生涯、俺のエクスタシー」". ZakZak (in Japanese). January 12, 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Komukai denies drug allegations; says she is not afraid of arrest". Japan Today. February 21, 2011. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "Actress Minako Komukai issued arrest warrant for drugs, flees country". Tokyo Reporter. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- Kyodo News (February 27, 2011). "Actress Komukai arrested at Narita". The Japan Times.
- "タレント小向美奈子さん釈放 覚せい剤購入「証拠ない」" (in Japanese). www.47news.jp. March 18, 2011. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "Former actress and stripper Minako Komukai to make porn debut". Tokyo Reporter. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "アソコでうごめく極太張形…小向美奈子"壮絶ＡＶ"全６章". ZakZak (in Japanese). September 14, 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Minako Komukai’s porn debut a total bust". Tokyo Reporter. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Bull, Brett (February 26, 2012). "AV stars out to play despite hard times". Japan Times. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- AV Filmography from "Minako Komukai 小向美奈子". Urabon Navigator. Retrieved 2013-09-13. and "小向 美奈子 Minako Komukai" (in Japanese). www.alicejapan.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-09-13.