|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2009)|
|Length:||140 km (90 mi)|
|Existed:||1988 – present|
|From:||Yatsusiro Junction in Kyushu Expressway|
|To:||Kagoshima Junction in Kagoshima, Kagoshima
|Major cities:||Minamata, Izumi, Akune, Satsumasendai,
|National highways of Japan
Expressways of Japan
The Minamikyushu Westbound Expressway (南九州西回り自動車道 Minami-Kyūshū nishimawari jidōshadō?) starts from Yatsushiro, Kumamoto, and it is a highway of about 140 km planned extension to reach Kagoshima, Kagoshima via Minamata, Izumi, Akune, Satsumasendai (driveway) (B route) of the high standard highway (public national highway based on Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport appointment). It is built as a bypass of Japan National Route 3.
At the time of basic plan development based on country development main line Expressway construction method, there was the process that Miyazaki was able to rub whether you did a terminal of the Kyushu traversing Expressway in Kagoshima-shi whether you did it, and I saved face of neither after all, and the route of the Kyushu traversing Expressway would go along the middle, but it was it with route Kyushu traversing Expressway of the Minamikyushu w.b. Expressway if Kagoshima was given priority to. Based on the fourth whole country overall development plan (June 30, 1987 cabinet decision), this route which deviated from the route of the Kyushu traversing Expressway was established later as a plan route.
Opening to traffic situation
In Kumamoto side
Yatsushiro JCT- Ashikita Interchange.
interval is inaugurated. In Yatsushiro JCT- Hinagu IC interval, Hinagu IC - Ashikita IC interval is inaugurated as no charge section of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport jurisdiction as Hinagu Ashikita road as the toll road section that West Japan highway Corporation has jurisdiction over as Yatsushiro Hinagu road.
In Kagoshima side
Satsumasendai Mizuhiki IC - Satsumasendai Takae IC and Satsumasendai Miyako IC - Kagoshima IC interval is inaugurated. As the toll road section that West Japan highway company has jurisdiction over as Kagoshima road as free section of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport jurisdiction as Sendai road in Ichiki IC - Kagoshima Nishi IC interval Satsumasendai Mizuhiki IC - Satsumasendai Takae, interval, Satsumasendai Miyako IC - Ichiki IC interval, Kagoshima Nishi IC - Kagoshima IC interval is inaugurated as a free public way (a substantial driveway). In addition, it is expected that it is built as free section of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport jurisdiction, but a prospect does not stand when I arrive between Ashikita IC - Satsumasendai Miyako IC when the whole line opening to traffic becomes it in.
- October 19, 1988： Kagoshima Nishi IC - Kagoshima IC opening to traffic, Kyushu Expressway and connection
- March 26, 1998： Ijuin IC - Kagoshima Nishi IC opening to traffic
- April 20, 1998： Kyushu Expressway and connection
- October 6, 2001: Yatsushiro JCT- Yatsushiro Minami IC opening to traffic in starting point side： Yatsushiro Minami IC - Hinagu IC opening to traffic
- April 6, 2002： Ichiki IC - Ijuin IC opening to traffic
- February 10, 2005： Abolish Ichiki tollgate (Ichiki IC); is setting
- February 19, 2005 Miyama main line TB： Abolish Hinagu tollgate; is setting
- February 27, 2005 Hinagu Main Line TB： Hinagu IC - Taura IC opening to traffic
- March 13, 2005： Kushikino IC - Ichiki IC opening to traffic
- March 3, 2007： Satsumasendai Miyako IC - Kushikino IC opening to traffic
- March 31, 2008： Miyama IC opening to traffic
- April 29, 2009： Tanoura IC - Ashikita IC opening to traffic
- March 10, 2013： Satsumasendai Mizuhiki IC - Satsumasendai Takae IC opening to traffic.
- IC - interchange, JCT - junction, SA - service area, PA - parking area, BS - bus stop, TN - tunnel, BR - bridge, TB - toll gate
|(18-1)||Yatsushiro JCT||Kyushu Expressway||0.0||28.8||For Kumamoto/Fukuoka only||Kumamoto||Yatsushiro|
|<15>||Okawa IC||（Planned Route）|
|(29)||Kagoshima IC/JCT||Ibusuki Skyline||36.0||0.0|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minami-Kyushu_Expressway.|