|Entrance of Minami-Yono Station, February 2015|
(See other stations in Saitama)
|Neighborhood etc.||2 Suzuya|
|Statistics||15,612 passengers/day (FY2011)|
|There is a bus stop near this station|
Minami-Yono Station is served by the Saikyō Line which runs between Ōsaki in Tokyo and Ōmiya in Saitama Prefecture. Some trains continue northward to Kawagoe via the Kawagoe Line and southward to Shin-Kiba via the TWR Rinkai Line. The station is located 19.0 km from Ikebukuro Station. The station identification colour is "tokiwa green".
The station consists of one elevated island platform serving two tracks. Additional passing tracks lie on either side of the station for non-stop rapid services. The tracks of the Tōhoku Shinkansen also run adjacent to this station, on the west side.
The station used to have a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office, but this closed on 31 October 2007.
|1||■Saikyō Line||for Musashi-Urawa, Akabane, Shinjuku and Ōsaki
Rinkai Line for Shin-Kiba
|2||■Saikyō Line||for Ōmiya and Kawagoe|
|Commuter rapid: no stop|
|Rapid: no stop|
The station opened on 30 September 1985.
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 15,612 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- 各駅情報（南与野駅） [Station Information: Minami-Yono Station] (in Japanese). East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (March 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１２巻 東京都心北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 12 Northern Central Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 15-53. ISBN 978-4-06-270072-6.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2011年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minami-Yono Station.|
- Minami-Yono Station information (JR East) (Japanese)
- Minami-Yono Station information (Saitama Prefectural Government) (Japanese)