Minebea Co., Ltd. (ミネベア株式会社 Minebea Kabushiki-gaisha ) (TYO: 6479) or NMB (Nippon Miniature Bearing) is a Japanese multinational corporation and a major producer of machinery components and electronics devices. In 2006, it had consolidated net sales of over 300 billion yen. International Asian business accounts for 80% of Minebea's production and 50% of its sales. It and its 43 consolidated subsidiaries and affiliates have over 47,000 employees (as of 2006) in 28 manufacturing facilities and 43 sales offices.
Minebea shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, the Osaka Securities Exchange and the Nagoya Stock Exchange. NMB USA Incorporated is an American holding company that manages Minebea's American subsidiaries. Minebea has world largest shares in Ball Bearing (65%) and Pivot assembly (65%).
(top 10 shareholders, as of June 2013)
- The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Trust Account) (29,225,000 number of shares) 7.71%
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. 26,880,000 7.09%
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.(Trust Account 9) 16,768,000 4.43%
- The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Trust Account) 4.30%
- Takahashi Industrial and Economic Research Foundation 15,447,330 4.08%
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited 15,349,000 4.05%
- Keiaisha Co., Ltd. 15,000,000 3.96%
- National Mutual Insurance Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives 14,511,000 3.83%
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. (Trust Account 4) 13,608,000 3.59%
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. 10,057,839 2.65%
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation 10,000,475 2.64%