|Genres||Indie rock, indie pop|
|Years active||2006 – present|
|Labels||Modern Art Records|
|Associated acts||Alvin Band, Spooky, Chronic Future|
Rick Alvin Schaier
|Past members||Alex Gerber, Eli Brandom, Golie Zarabi, Lou Kummerer, Lawrence Hearn|
Miniature Tigers is an indie pop band based in Brooklyn, NY that combines elements of indie rock, synthpop, and dream pop. The band is made up of frontman-guitarist Charlie Brand, Rick Schaier on drums and vocals, Algernon Quashie on guitar and keyboard, and Brandon Lee on bass.
The band is currently signed to Modern Art Records.
Miniature Tigers began their first national tour in October 2008, which included playing a set at the 2008 CMJ Music Marathon. Miniature Tigers toured with Ben Folds in February and played the 2009 Monolith Festival in September. They have also toured with Fun. in support of their latest album, Some Nights.
In December 2006, Rolling Stone listed Miniature Tigers as "one of the 25 best bands on Myspace." The band has also received favorable attention from Spin magazine, which included Miniature Tigers in its list of "The 9 Hottest New Bands Playing CMJ 2008." Death + Taxes, a music magazine, awarded the band's Black Magic and White Magic EPs 4 stars, calling the band "terribly endearing." The music video for "Cannibal Queen" has been featured on mtvU and MTV2's Subterranean.
- Octopus EP (June 27, 2006)
- White Magic EP (March 4, 2008)
- Black Magic EP (March 4, 2008)
- Tell It to the Volcano (September 16, 2008)
- Fortress (July 27, 2010)
- Mia Pharaoh (March 6, 2012)
- "Catch the Buzz: Miniature Tigers", Spin, William Goodman, July 29, 2008
- "Miniature Tigers - Black Magic & White Magic", MusicRemedy.com
- "Miniature Tigers at Modified Arts", Phoenix New Times, "Up on the Sun" blog for Sep. 15 2008
- Leatherman, Benjamin (12 March 2009). "Miniature Tigers: Almost Everyone Loves Charlie Brand". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Wallace, Lynn. "Miniature Tigers. Something to Roar About". Ink 19. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Rolling Stone Declares the 25 Best Bands on MySpace", December 22, 2006
- "The 9 Hottest New Bands Playing CMJ 2008", Spin, by Peter Gaston, October 20, 2008
- "MINIATURE TIGERS : BLACK & WHITE MAGIC EPS: MODERN ART", Death + Taxes,