Ministry of Defense (Peru)
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Ministry of Defence of Peru (Spanish: Ministerio de Defensa del Perú) is the agency of the Peruvian government responsible for safeguarding of national security on land, sea and air. For such purpose it exercises command over the Peruvian Armed Forces composed of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force. The current Minister of Defence is Peter Cateriano Bellido.
The Ministry of Defense of Peru was created by Law No. 24654 on 1 April 1987, during the government of President Alan García. It absorbed the previous Ministries of War, Navy and Aeronautics as well as the Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Chiefs of Staff) and the National Defence Secretariat.
The government agency under his command is organized as follows:
- Secretaría General (General Secretariat)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Administrativos y Económicos
(Viceministry of Administrative and Economic Matters)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Logísticos y de Personal
(Viceministry of Logistics and Personnel Matters)
- Dirección Nacional de Política y Estrategia
(National Directorate of Politics and Strategy)
- Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Command of the Armed Forces)
- Ejército del Perú (Peruvian Army)
- Marina de Guerra del Perú (Peruvian Navy)
- Fuerza Aérea del Perú (Peruvian Air Force)
- "Peru; New Defense Minister takes office". Defense Market Intelligence. 25 July 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Official Website (Spanish)
|This article about politics in Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|