Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bangladesh)
|Bengali: পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয়
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Minister responsible||A. H. Mahmood Ali, Foreign Minister|
|Agency executives||Md. Shahriar Alam, Minister of State
Md. Shahidul Haque, Foreign Secretary
|Website||Ministry of Foreign Affairs|
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bengali: পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয়; Pororashtrya Montronaloya) (abbreviated as MOFA ) is the Bangladeshi government ministry which oversees the foreign relations of Bangladesh.
Fundamental Foreign Policy of Bangladesh
1. The State shall base its international relations on the principles of respect for national sovereignty and equality, non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries, peaceful settlements of international disputes, and respect for international law and the principles enunciated in the United Nations Charter, and on the basis of those principles shall;
- Strive for the renunciation of the use of force in international relations and for general and complete disarmament;
- Uphold the right of every people freely to determine and build up its own social, economic and political system by ways and means of its own free choice; and
- Support oppressed peoples throughout the world waging a just struggle against imperialism colonialism or racialism.
2) The State shall endeavor to consolidate, preserve and strengthen fraternal relations among Muslim countries based on Islamic solidarity.
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government and politics in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|