Ministry of Health (Saudi Arabia)
|Agency executive||mohamad Al ash-Sheikh, Minister|
History and profile
In 1925, Saudi Arabia's first public health department was established in Makkah. The department was responsible for building hospitals and healthcare centers and issuing and enforcing regulations to provide necessary standards for practicing medicine and pharmacology. A public health council was also established to address the growing need for healthcare services and it was the highest-level supervisory board, overseeing all aspects of the country’s healthcare services.
Health-care services in Saudi Arabia are provided by several public and private agencies. However, the ministry is the major planner and provider of these services.
- Abdullah bin Faisal Al Saud 1950
- Hamad Al Manie -until 2009
- Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Rabiah 2009-2014
- Adel Fakeih 2014 (acting) 
- Dr. Mohammad Al Hayaza 2014 - January 2015 
- Ahmed Al-Khatib January 2015 - April 2015 
- mohamad Al ash-Sheikh April 2015 - Present 
- "Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health Detects System Threats and Policy Violations 25% Faster with Fewer Analysts". Oracle. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- David E. Long (1 January 2005). Culture and Customs of Saudi Arabia. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 15. ISBN 978-0-313-32021-7. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Ahmad, Mahmoud (9 May 2007). "Abdullah Al-Faisal Passes Away". Arab News. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Basic addresses OSCE. September 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Mohammed H. Mufti (29 February 2000). Healthcare Development Strategies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 9. ISBN 978-0-306-46314-3. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Mustapha Ajbaili (21 April 2014). "Saudi Health Minister ‘relieved of his post’". Al Arabiya. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Saudi Gazette (9 December 2014). "King appoints 8 new ministers". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Arab News (3 February 2015). "Health minister spells out his revamp plans". Arab News. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- sapq news-سبق (11 April 2015). "بأمر الملك سلمان.. إعفاء وزير الصحة أحمد الخطيب من منصبه". sapq. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|