Ministry of Home Affairs (India)
|Republic of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
|Jurisdiction||Government of India|
Raisina Hill, New Delhi
|Agency executive||Sushilkumar Shinde, Minister of Home Affairs|
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India. An interior ministry, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs (or Home Minister), currently Sushilkumar Shinde.
The ministerial team at the MHA is headed by the Union Cabinet Minister of Home Affairs, who is supported by two Ministers of State and civil servants assigned to them to manage the ministers office and ministry.
- Union Cabinet Minister of Home Affairs — Sushilkumar Shinde (Indian National Congress party, INC)
Home Secretary and other senior officials
The Ministers are supported by a number of civilian, scientific and professional advisors. The Home Secretary is the senior civil servant at the MHA. His/Her role is to ensure the MHA operates effectively as a department of the government.
- Home Secretary — Anil Goswami 
- Director of I.B. — Mr. Syed Asif Ibrahim
- Director of C.B.I. — Ranjit Sinha
Former Home Secretaries of India
- Govind Narain (1971–1973)
- Nirmal Kumar Mukarji (1973–1975)
- T C A Srinivasa Varadan 1977-1980
- R. D. Pradhan (February 1985 – 1987)
- Lallan Prasad Singh
- Naresh Chandra (March 1990 – December, 1990)
- N. Gopalaswami
- V. K. Duggal (March 2005 – 1 April 2007)
- Madhukar Gupta (1 April 2007– )
- Gopal Krishna Pillai (30 June 2009 – 30 June 2011)
- Raj Kumar Singh.(30 June 2011 - 30 June 2013)
- Anil Goswami (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2015)
The Ministry of Home Affairs extends manpower and financial support, guidance and expertise to the State Governments for the maintenance of security, peace and harmony without trampling upon the constitutional rights of the States.
- Department of Border Management
- Department of Border Management, dealing with management of borders, including coastal borders.
- Department of Internal Security
- Department of Internal Security, dealing with police, law and order and rehabilitation.
- Department of Jammu & Kashmir Affairs
- Department of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Affairs, dealing with the constitutional provisions in respect of the State of Jammu & Kashmir and all other matters relating to the State excluding those with which the Ministry of External Affairs is concerned.
- Department of Home
- Dealing with the notification of assumption of office by the President and Vice President, notification of appointment of the Prime Minister and other Ministers, etc
- Department of Official Language
- Dealing with the implementation of the provisions of the Constitution relating to official languages and the provisions of the Official Languages Act, 1963.
- Department of States
- Dealing with Centre-State relations, Inter-State relations, Union Territories and Freedom Fighters' pension.
- "Anil Goswami to be next home secretary". The Times of India. Apr 27, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- ::Ministry of Home Affairs::. Mha.nic.in. Retrieved on 2013-08-17.