Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure
|Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Croatia|
|Headquarters||Prisavlje 14, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia|
|Annual budget||6.052 billion HRK (2014)|
|Minister responsible||Siniša Hajdaš Dončić, Minister of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure|
The Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Croatia (Croatian: Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture Republike Hrvatske, MPPI RH) is a ministry in the Government of Croatia.
- Measures for the protection of the Adriatic sea, islands and coastal regions and their sustainable development, including the establishment of an integrated system for the planning, management and financing of development projects, traffic, utilities and social infrastructure, analysis and management of marine resources, coastal land and other natural resources.
- Control over business concessions for domestic and international marine, boating, road, rail, air, postal and telecommunications and river transport;
- Strategy for development of all forms of transport ;
- Protection of the sea from pollution from ships ;
- Seaports, maritime domain and establishing maritime boundaries, marine insurance and maritime agencies;
- Ports on the inland waterways;
- Inland freight-transportation centers;
- Vehicles other than those activities falling within the jurisdiction of other ministries;
- Telecommunications and post;
- Development of technical terms and conditions of use of facilities, technical equipment and installation of telecommunications and radio communications;
- Enactment of legislation on concessions for services in public telecommunications;
- Transmission and distribution of radio or TV programs;
- International coordination of the use of radio frequencies, the use of radio frequencies;
- Issuing licenses for radio stations to domestic and foreign entities; Inspections;
- Navigational safety at sea, internal and international road traffic and road operations except from the scope of the Ministry of Interior, railway safety, safety of air navigation, safety of navigation on inland waterways, telecommunications and mail, internal and international postal and telecommunications traffic and monitoring of radio frequencies;
- The organization of strategic infrastructure projects and investment programs of special importance for the Republic of Croatia;
- Organization of major infrastructure investment projects in building construction and equipment of water management of transport infrastructure, except for reconstruction and maintenance, and other relevant major infrastructure works of significance for the sustainable development of Croatia, which are wholly or substantially financed by state funding, and align activities of other entities in the construction of such facilities and monitors and controls the investment, and performs professional tasks related to the initiation, coordination and monitoring of certain laws and regulations governing the development of the island and coastal regions.
The Ministry is also responsible for the maintenance of records and statistics concerning sea, transport and infrastructure, the information system and for the education and training of the Ministry’s officers.
The ministry's Accident Investigation Board investigates aviation accidents.
The Ministry of Sea, Transport and Infrastructure has a total of 1127 staff (as of December 2009), working in the following departments:
|Cabinet of the Minister||Kabinet Ministra||14|
|Public Relations Department||Samostalni odjel za odnose s javnošću||10|
|Internal Revision Service||Služba za unutarnju reviziju||8|
|Department for Financial Management, Internal Revision and Control||Samostalni odjel za financijsko upravljanje, unutarnji nadzor i kontrolu||4|
|Department for Investigation of aircraft accidents||Samostalni odjel za istraživanje ugrožavanja sigurnosti zrakoplova, nesreća i ozbiljnih nezgoda zrakoplova||4|
|Department for Investigation of Railway Accidents||Samostalni odjel za istraživanje željezničkih nesreća||3|
|Department for European Integration and Transport Policy||Samostalni odjel za europske integracije i prometnu politiku||13|
|Directorate for Maritime Policy||Uprava pomorskog prometa, pomorskog dobra i luka||52|
|Directorate for Inland Waterway Navigation||Uprava unutarnje plovidbe||17|
|Directorate for Seafaring and Inland Waterway Navigation Safety and Sea and River Protection||Uprava za sigurnost plovidbe, zaštitu mora i unutarnjih voda||557|
|Directorate for Island and Coastal Development||Uprava za otočni i priobalni razvoj||31|
|Directorate for Road Transport||Uprava cestovnog prometa||42|
|Railways Directorate||Uprava željezničkog prometa||42|
|Civil Aviation Authority||Uprava zračnog prometa||25|
|Directorate for Electronic Communications and Postal Service||Uprava elektroničkih komunikacija i pošte||30|
|Directorate for Transport Inspection||Uprava prometne inspekcije||96|
|Budget and Finance Directorate||Uprava za proračun i financije||48|
|Directorate for Strategic Infrastructural Objects||Uprava za strateške infrastrukturne objekte||22|
- Siniša Hajdaš Dončić, Minister of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure
- Maja Markovčić-Kostelac, Director, Directorate for Maritime Traffic, Maritime Domain and Ports (v. d. Ravnateljica Uprave pomorskog prometa, pomorskog dobra i luka)
- Capt. Janko Brnardić, Director, Directorate for Inland Waterway Navigation (Ravnatelj Uprave za unutarnju plovidbu)
- Capt. Joško Nikolić, Director, Directorate for Seafaring and Inland Waterway Navigation Safety and Sea and River Protection (Ravnatelj Uprave za sigurnost plovidbe, zaštitu mora i unutarnjih voda)
- Danijel Krakić, Director, Directorate for Railway Traffic (Ravnatelj Uprave za željeznički promet)
- Krešo Antonović, Director, Directorate for Electronic communications and Postal Services (Ravnatelj Uprave za elektroničke komunikacije i poštu)
- Katarina Čop Bajde, Director, Directorate for the Infrastructural Objects (Ravnateljica Uprave za strateške infrastrukturne objekte)
- Jure Šarić, Director, Directorate for Air Traffic (Ravnatelj Uprave za zračni promet)
- Josip Borić, Assistant Minister for Islands (Pomoćnik ministra za otočni i priobalni razvoj)
- Ante Nevešćanin, Directorate for Road Traffic (v. d. Ravnatelj Uprave za cestovni promet)
- -, Directorate for Road Inspections (Uprava za prometnu inspekciju)
- -, Directorate for Budget and Finance (Uprava za proračun i financije)
List of ministers
|Minister||Party||Term start||Term end|
|Josip Božičević||Non-party||25 July 1990||12 August 1992|
|Ivica Mudrinić||Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ)||12 August 1992||5 February 1996|
|Željko Lužavec||Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ)||5 February 1996||4 August 1999|
|Ivan Pavlović||Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ)||4 August 1999||27 January 2000|
|Alojz Tušek||Croatian Social Liberal Party (HSLS)||27 January 2000||21 March 2002|
|Mario Kovač||Croatian Social Liberal Party (HSLS)||21 March 2002||30 July 2002|
|Roland Žuvanić||Party of Liberal Democrats (LIBRA)||30 July 2002||23 December 2003|
|Božidar Kalmeta||Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ)||23 December 2003||23 December 2011|
|Zlatko Komadina||Social Democratic Party of Croatia (SDP)||23 December 2011||4 April 2012|
|Zdenko Antešić (serving)||Social Democratic Party of Croatia (SDP)||4 April 2012||18 April 2012|
|Siniša Hajdaš Dončić||Social Democratic Party of Croatia (SDP)||18 April 2012||Incumbent|
- Port captaincies of the Republic of Croatia
- Inhabited Islands of Croatia
- Transport in Croatia
- Croatian Railways
- Hrvatske ceste
- Hrvatske autoceste
- "Odluka o proglašenju državnog proračuna Republike Hrvatske za 2014. godinu i projekcije za 2015. i 2016. godinu - II. Posebni dio" (PDF). Narodne novine (in Croatian) (152). 17 December 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Ministry of Sea, Transport and Infrastructure Official Website" (in Croatian, English). Ministry of Sea, Transport and Infrastructure. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "FINAL REPORT ON THE LIGHT AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT CTSW, REG. OE- ON BRAČ AIRPORT." (Archive) Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure, on the website of the Federal Office for Transport. Retrieved on 28 December 2012.
- "Uredbu o izmjenama i dopunama uredbe o unutarnjem ustrojstvu Ministarstva mora, prometa i infrastrukture" (in Croatian). Narodne novine. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Dužnosnici" (in Croatian). Ministarstva mora, prometa i infrastrukture. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Ravnatelji uprava" (in Croatian). Ministarstva mora, prometa i infrastrukture. Retrieved 31 May 2010.