Ministry of National Defense (South Korea)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Formed||15 August 1948|
|Jurisdiction||Government of South Korea|
|Headquarters||Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
|Agency executives||Han Min-goo, Minister
Lee Young-geol, Vice Minister
The Ministry of National Defense (MND) is a department within the government of South Korea and responsible for the military branches of South Korea. It was established on 15 August 1948 and located at Yongsan-dong, Yongsan District, Seoul.
- Military Manpower Agency
- Defense Acquisition Program Administration
- Defense Media Agency
- Korean Forces Network (Friends TV, 96.7 Friends FM)
- Conscription in South Korea
- Republic of Korea Armed Forces
- Republic of Korea Army (ROKA)
- Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN)
- Republic of Korea Marine Corps (ROKMC)
- Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF)
- "History of Ministry of National Defense" ROK Ministry of National Defense Retrieved 2012-04-11
- "Location." (Archive) Ministry of National Defense. Retrieved on January 1, 2014. "Yongsan-dong 3 Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, 140-701"
- Kim, Eun-jung (8 February 2012). "Constitutional Court upholds ban on 'seditious books' in military". Yonhap News. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Bae, Ji-sook (7 February 2012). "Military to screen all mobile apps". Korean Herald. Retrieved 2012-02-08.