Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
|Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment of the Russian Federation|
|Министерство природных ресурсов и экологии Российской Федерации|
|Formed||May 28, 2008|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Russia|
|Headquarters||4/6 Bolshaya Gruzinskaya Ulitsa, Moscow, Russia 123995
|Agency executives||Sergey Donskoy, Minister of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection
Rinat Gizatulin, Deputy Minister
Sergey Donskoy, Deputy Minister
Simon Levi, Deputy Minister
Vladimir Melnikov, Deputy Minister
|Child agencies||Service of Supervision in Sphere of Wildlife Management
Agency of Water Resources
Agency on the use of Mineral Resources
Service of Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision
Federal Forestry Agency
The Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment of the Russian Federation (Russian: Министерство природных ресурсов и экологии Российской Федерации) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Russia tasked with managing the country's natural resources and protecting the environment. The first minister was Yuri Trutnev.
The Current Minister is Sergey Donskoy who was appointed in May 2012.
The ancestor of the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment is the State Mining and Geological Service, established by Peter the Great on October 2, 1700. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Natural Resources were created on August 14, 1996. They were combined to form the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment on May 28, 2008.
The Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment is responsible for the creation and enforcement of policies and regulations dealing with the environment, including conservation, regeneration, forestry and wildlife protection. It is also responsible for the exploration, management and conservation of the country's natural resources, including the management of the water supply, mineral deposit development, and the exploration of the country's territory and continental shelf. Finally, the Ministry also is in charge of regulating industrial and energy safety, and monitors geological and earthquake activities and development of state police and legal regulation in forestry affairs.
- The Federal Service for the Supervision of Natural Resources
- Federal Agency for Subsoil Use
- Federal Water Resources Agency
- Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring
- Federal Forestry Agency
- "Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment of the Russian Federation". Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "Ministry of Natural Resources of the Russian Federation". Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- (Russian)"Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology: structure and objectives". Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Russian Federation". Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "Executive Order on functions of Natural Resources Ministry and Economic Development Ministry"