Ministry of Petroleum (Egypt)
|وزارة البترول و الثروة المعدنية|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Egypt|
|Headquarters||Nasr City, Cairo|
|Agency executives||Sherif Ismail, Minister of Petroleum
Abdllah Ghorab, Chairman, EGPC
Sherif Sousa, Chairman, EGAS
Mohamed saafan, Chairman, ECHEM
Sherif Ismail (formerly), Chairman, GANOPE
Mosaad Hashim, Chairman, EMRA
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
|Political parties (former)|
The Ministry of Petroleum is the Egyptian authority that supervises exploration, production, marketing and distribution of oil, gas and other natural resources. The current minister is Sherif Ismail.
The petroleum sector in Egypt consists of 6 state-owned entities. These are: Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company(EGAS), Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM), Ganoub El Wadi Petroleum Holding Company (GANOPE), and Egyptian General Authority for Mineral Resources.
- "BREAKING: New government swears in". Cairo Post. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Nawar, Abdel-Hameed (2005). ""The Emerging Landscape of the Natural Gas in Egypt"". Cairo University, manuscript.
- Ministry website
- The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC)
- The Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company
- The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company
- Ganoub El-Wadi Petroleum Holding Company
- Egyptian General Authority for Mineral Resources
|This article related to natural gas, petroleum or the petroleum industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|