Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2012)|
|The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
Emblem of India
|Jurisdiction||Government of India|
|Agency executives||Shri Veerappa Moily, Cabinet Minister
Mrs Panabaka Lakshmi, Minister of State thpasa
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOP&NG) is a ministry of the Government of India. It is responsible for the exploration, production, refining, distribution, marketing, import, export, and conservation of petroleum, natural gas, petroleum products, and liquified natural gas in India.
The ministry is headed by the Cabinet Minister M. Veerappa Moily. Mrs. Panabaka Lakshmi, the MP from Bapatla Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh, is the Minister of State in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Important areas of work allocated to the Ministry
- Exploration and exploitation of petroleum resources, including natural gas.
- Production, supply distribution, marketing and pricing of petroleum including natural gas and petroleum products.
- Oil refineries, including Lube plants.
- Additives for petroleum and petroleum products.
- Lube blending and greases.
- Planning, development and control of, and assistance to all industries dealt with by the Ministry.
- All attached or subordinate offices or other organisations concerned with any of the subject specified in this list.
- Planning, development and regulation of oilfield services.
- Public sector projects failing under the subjects included in this list,
- Engineers India limited and IBP Company. together with its subsidiaries, except such projects as are specifically allotted to any other Ministry/Dept,
- Administration of various Central laws relating to Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ram Naik - 1999-2004
- Mani Shankar Aiyar - 2004-2006
- Murli Deora - 2006-18 Jan 2011
- Jaipal Reddy - 19 Jan 2011 - 28 Oct 2012
- M. Veerappa Moily - 28 Oct 2012 - Present
Ministers of State
- Biecco Lawrie Limited
- Bongaigaon Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Cochin Refineries Ltd.
- Gas Authority of India Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited
- Oil India Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited
- Electricity sector in India
- Nuclear power in India
- Oil Industry Safety Directorate
- Petrol stations in India
- Solar power in India
- Wind power in India
- Renewable energy in India
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|