Ministry of Taxes (Azerbaijan)
|Azərbaycan Respublikasının Vergilər Nazirliyi|
Coat of Arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||February 11, 2000|
|Headquarters||16 Landau Street, Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1073|
|Agency executives||Fazil Mammadov, Minister of Taxes
Natig Amirov, First Deputy Minister
Namig Aliyev, Deputy Minister
Sahir Mammadkhanov, Deputy Minister
Sahib Alakbarov, Deputy Minister
The Ministry of Taxes of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Azərbaycan Respublikasının Vergilər Nazirliyi) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulating taxes and tax collection activities in all sectors of the economy of Azerbaijan Republic. The ministry is headed by Fazil Mammadov.
With the breakup of the Soviet Union and gradual transition from command to market economy, tax collection was assigned to the newly established Tax Inspection Department within the Ministry of Finance of Azerbaijan Republic in July 1990. The department was in charge of implentation of new tax policies, collection of taxes and timely tax payments to the national budget. In October 1991, the department was closed within the Ministry of Finance and reopened as the Main State Tax Inspection. On February 11, 2000 by the Presidential Decree, the Main State Tax Inspection was abolished and Ministry of Taxes established on its basis.
The ministry is headed by the minister aided by one first deputy and three deputy ministers. The First Deputy oversees Tax Policy and Strategic Research Department. Main functions of the ministry include improvement of economy regulation structure, increasing efficiency in collection of taxes and their proper use, accounting of the financial means being transferred to the national vudget; investigation and inspection of irregularities in collection of taxes; implementation of audits in taxpaying enterprises; protection of rights of the taxpaying entities and individuals. In 2007, the ministry introduced its online collection page under State Tax Administration Improvement Program due to high economic growth with number of businesses growing rapidly for the last few years.
- "CIA. Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "The Ministry of Taxes of the Republic of Azerbaijan. History of Ministry of Taxes". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "The Ministry of Taxes of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Head of Ministry of Taxes". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Structure of the Ministry of Taxes". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Vergilər Nazirliyi" [Ministry of Taxes]. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "High Economic Growth in Azerbaijan Positively Affects Tax Payments: Ministry of Taxes". Trend News Agency. 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2010-11-17.