Miniten (a portmanteau word, derived from mini+tennis) is a tennis-like game played exclusively by naturists. It was devised in the 1930s, in order to provide a suitable game for naturist clubs which often lacked sufficient land to create full-sized tennis courts.
The rules and scoring are similar to tennis and standard tennis balls are used, but the court is much smaller, and instead of racquets, players use wooden bats known as thugs, which are shaped like a box around the player's hand.
The sport is run by the Amateur Miniten Association
- Edghill, Sarah (1995-07-13). "how to be a naturist". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- The Game Of Miniten, Naturism.net
- "A stitch in time". The Guardian (London). 2007-05-31. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Nudists descend on town for naturist festival". Sydney Morning Herald. 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Shields, Tom (2002-10-06). "A midge too far; The idea of Scottish naturism may raise a titter". Sunday Herald. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
|This sports-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|