Minnesota Avenue Station
|Address||4000 Minnesota Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20019
|Connections||Metrobus: U2, U4, U5, U6, U8, V7, V8, X1, X2, X3, X9|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||8 racks, 4 lockers|
|Opened||November 20, 1978|
|Passengers (2010)||1.139 million|
Minnesota Avenue is an island platformed Washington Metro station in the Central Northeast/Mahaning Heights neighborhood of Northeast Washington, D.C., United States. The station was opened on November 20, 1978, and is operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA).
Minnesota Avenue station is located between Kenilworth Avenue and Minnesota Avenue, at Grant Street, immediately east of the CSX Landover Subdivision rail bed. The station is an east-Washington commuter station with a small parking lot and many Metrobuses serving the east side of the city from here. It is also southwest of the historic western terminus of the Chesapeake Beach Railway.
The station opened on November 20, 1978. Its opening coincided with the completion of 7.4 miles (11.9 km) of rail northeast of the Stadium–Armory station and the opening of the Cheverly, Deanwood, Landover and New Carrollton stations.
|Westbound||← Orange Line toward Vienna (Stadium–Armory)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Orange Line toward New Carrollton (Deanwood) →|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
- Neighborhood profiles WDCEP Retrieved 2011-12-16
- Feaver, Douglas B. (November 12, 1978), "Orange Line brings Metro to Beltway; Orange Line will bring Metro to P.G.", The Washington Post: C1
- Eisen, Jack; John Feinstein (November 18, 1978), "City-County fanfare opens Orange Line; Ceremonies open new Orange Line", The Washington Post: D1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (July 2009). "Sequence of Metrorail openings" (PDF). Retrieved August 2, 2010.
Media related to Minnesota Avenue (WMATA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- WMATA: Minnesota Avenue Station
- StationMasters Online: Minnesota Avenue Station
- Kenilworth Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Minnesota Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Washington, D.C. train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|