Minnesota State Highway 218
|Length:||189 mi (304 km)|
|Existed:||1933 – 1961|
|South end:||US 65 in Owatonna|
|North end:||CR 3 in Merrifield|
Minnesota State Highway 218 was a highway that originally ran from U.S. Route 218 in St. Paul to U.S. Route 210 in Brainerd. In 1935, it was extended south to Owatonna along the former route of U.S. 218. Around 1949, it was extended north of Brainerd to Merrifield.
State Highway 218 was authorized in 1933 from St. Paul to Brainerd. In 1935, U.S. Route 218 was truncated to end in Owatonna, and the MN-218 designation was extended along this route.
In 1949, it was extended north of Brainerd to the town of Merrifield.
||Owatonna||0||0||US 14 / US 65||South end of US 65 overlap|
||Walcott Township||10||16||US 65||North end of US 65 overlap|
||Farmington||45||72||MN 50||South end of MN 50 overlap|
|46||74||MN 50||North end of MN 50 overlap|
|62||100||US 52 / MN 55||South end of US 52 overlap|
||St. Paul||71||114||US 52 (Robert Street) / MN 56 (Concord Street)||North end of US 52 overlap|
|MN 5 (Kellogg Boulevard)|
|US 212 (8th Street)|
|US 12 / US 52 / MN 56 (University Avenue) / US 10 (Marion Avenue)||East end of US 12 / US 52 / MN 56 overlap|
|MN 51 (Snelling Avenue)|
||Minneapolis||MN 56 (University Avenue)||West end of MN 56 overlap|
|Washington Avenue Bridge over the Mississippi River|
|MN 36 (Cedar Avenue)|
|US 65 south, US 8 north (3rd Avenue S.)|
|US 12 (Hennepin Avenue)||West end of US 12 overlap|
|MN 152 (Washington Avenue)|
|US 169 (Lyndale Avenue)|
|MN 278 (Lowry Avenue)||South end of MN 278 overlap|
|Robbinsdale||MN 278 (36th Avenue N.)||North end of MN 278 overlap|
|Brooklyn Park||MN 152||South end of MN 152 overlap|
|Osseo||MN 152||North end of MN 152 overlap|
|Champlin||US 169||South end of US 169 overlap|
||Ferry Street Bridge|
||Anoka||US 10 / MN 56||East end of US 10 overlap|
||Elk River||US 169 north, MN 101 south||North end of US 169 overlap|
|Big Lake||MN 25|
|Becker||US 10 / US 52||West end of US 10 / 52 overlap|
||Glendorado Township||MN 95||East end of MN 95 overlap|
|St. George Township||MN 95||West end of MN 95 overlap|
||Genola||MN 27||South end of MN 27 overlap|
|Buh Township||MN 27||North end of MN 27 overlap|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Riner, Steve. "Details of Routes 152-218". The Unofficial Minnesota Highways Page. Retrieved 2006-12-09.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation. "Minnesota County Maps". Retrieved 2006-12-09.
- Minnesota Department of Highways (1961). 1961 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Cartography by The H.M. Gousha Company. http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/mdt&CISOPTR=1201&REC=1.
- Minnesota Department of Highways (1962). 1962 Official Road Map - Minnesota (Map). Cartography by The H.M. Gousha Company. http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/mdt&CISOPTR=1204&REC=2.
- Minnesota Department of Highways (1958). 1958 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Cartography by The H.M. Gousha Company. http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/mdt&CISOPTR=1192&REC=18.