Minnesota State Highway 310
|Defined by MS § 161.115(241)|
|Maintained by Mn/DOT|
|Length:||10.495 mi (16.890 km)|
|Existed:||April 24, 1959 – present|
|South end:||MN 11 / MN 89 in Roseau|
|North end:||PR 310 (Canada-US border) near South Junction, Manitoba|
Minnesota State Highway 310 (MN 310) is a highway in northwest Minnesota, which runs from its intersection with State Highways 11 and 89 in Roseau and continues north to its northern terminus at the U.S.-Canadian border; where the route becomes Manitoba Provincial Road 310 upon crossing the border, near the community of South Junction, Manitoba.
The route is 10.5 miles (16.9 km) in length.
MN 310 begins at a four-way intersection in Roseau with MN 11 to the east and west, and MN 89 to the south and west. MN 310 travels north through the city as 5th Avenue NW. It passes just west of the Roseau County Fairgrounds before leaving the city and continuing north through rural northern Minnesota. A few miles north of Roseau, the route crosses the Roseau River, then bends slightly to the east to avoid crossing it twice. North of the Roseau River, the highway crosses the Sprague Creek before entering the Lost River State Forest. MN 310 treks through the forest for a few miles, then curves to the northeast just south of the Canadian border. The route then reaches the border and continues into Manitoba, Canada, as PR 310.
MN 310 was authorized on April 24, 1959. At this time, the route was unpaved. The portion between the Canadian border and Sprague Creek was paved in 1962, and the remainder was paved in 1965.
The entire route is in Roseau County.
|Roseau||0.000||0.000||MN 11 / MN 89|
|Jadis Township||1.993||3.207||CR 16|
|U.S.-Canada border||10.484||16.872||PR 310|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Chapter 381–H. F. No. 298" (PDF). Session Laws of Minnesota for 1959. Minnesota Office of the Revisor of Statutes. April 24, 1959. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Trunk Highway Log Point Listing - Construction District 2" (PDF). Minnesota Department of Transportation. August 23, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- General Highway Map of Roseau County (PDF) (Map). Minnesota Department of Transportation. 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Google (December 21, 2014). "Minnesota State Highway 310" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- 1962 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Minnesota Department of Highways. 1962. § D2. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- 1963 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Minnesota Department of Highways. 1963. § D2. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- 1965 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Minnesota Department of Highways. 1965. § D3. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- 1966 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Minnesota Department of Highways. 1966. § D3. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
Route map: Bing