|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Traded as||SET: MINT|
|Industry||Agro and Food Industry|
|Founded||September 1, 1978Thailand)(|
|Founder(s)||William E. Heinecke|
|Headquarters||99 Berli Jucker House, 16th Floor, Soi Rubia, Sukhumvit 42 Rd., Bangkok, Thailand|
|Number of locations||1,257 restaurants, 9,821 hotel rooms|
|Area served||Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa|
|Revenue||BT฿36.93 Billion (2012)|
|Profit||BT฿4.10 Billion (2013)|
|Total assets||BT฿59.93 Billion (2013)|
|Total equity||BT฿25.09 Billion (2013)|
Minor International is a hospitality company operating over 1,500 restaurants and 100 hotels in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions and Africa. Based in Bangkok, Thailand, it operates hotels under the Anantara, Four Seasons, Marriott, Elewana, AVANI and Per AQUUM brands, owns The Pizza Company Thai Express and Riverside restaurant franchises, and operates restaurants under the Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King and The Coffee Club brands in Thailand and other countries.
- 1 History
- 2 Hotels Business
- 3 Shopping Plaza Business
- 4 Subsidiaries
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Minor International was founded in 1978 as Royal Garden Resorts (RGR) with initial capital of BT฿3 million. The company was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 14 August 1988 . In late 2004, the Company completed the acquisition of 100% of the Minor Food Group and followed this in January 2005 with its de-listing from the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
In 2006, Anantara entered Dubai at The Palm Jumeriah  In 2008, Heinecke acquired 70% of Thai Express and 50% of The Coffee Club and 50% of Elewana Afrika for US$12 million  In 2008 he opened the Desert Islands Resort and Spa (Anantara) on Sir Bani Yas Island in Abu Dhabi 
On 12 June 2009, the Company completed the Business Restructuring Plan with Minor Corporation (MINOR). As a result, the Company has directly and indirectly owned 99.92% of MINOR's equity interest. On 22 June 2009, MINOR was delisted from the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
In July 2011, MINT has completed a compulsory acquisition and purchased most of the shares of Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited, a listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange and doing Management Letting Right (MLR) business in Australia, New Zealand and Dubai with a portfolio of 36 serviced suites under "Oaks" brand.
Minor International owns the Anantara brand of hotels. Minor International also provides hotel management services to hotel operators using its Anantara Brand. Additionally, Minor International also owns hotels in tourist destinations in Thailand under the Marriott, Four Seasons and JW Marriott brands.
Minor International's Hotel Portfolio
Hotels owned by Minor International
Location of Hotels under the Marriott brand:
Location of Hotels under the JW Marriott brand:
Locations of Hotels under the Four Seasons brand:
- Koh Samui
- Chiang Mai
- Chiang Rai
Hotels under the Anantara brand:
- Anantara Golden Triangle Resort & Spa
- Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa, Koh Samui
- Anantara Phuket Villas
- Anantara Kihavah Villas in the Maldives
- Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa
- Kani Lanka, Sri Lanka
- St Regis Residences Bangkok (in 2011)
Hotels which Minor International owns a stake
- Harbour View Hotel Haiphong, Vietnam
- Anantara Veli Resort & Spa, Maldives
- Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, Maldives
- Naladhu Maldives
- Hotel Serendib, Sri Lanka
- Club Hotel Dolphin, Sri Lanka
- Hotel Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
- Arusha Coffee Lodge, Tanzania
- Serengeti Migration Camp, Tanzania
- Tarangire Tree Top, Tanzania
- The Manor at Ngorongoro, Tanzania
- AfroChic Retreat, Tanzania
- Kilindi, Tanzania
- Masai Mara Camp, Tanzania
- Amboseli Camp, Tanzania
- Marula Manor, Tanzania
- Serengethi Migration Camp Explorer, Tanzania
Hotels which Minor International manages.
- Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites, Bangkok Thailand
- Anantara Bangkok Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali Indonesia
- Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara, Abu Dhabi
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara, Abu Dhabi
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort & Spa by Anantara, Abu Dhabi
- Anantara Xishuangbanna Resort & Spa, China (in 2011)
- Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa, Indonesia
- Anantara Rasananda Resort & Spa, Koh Phangan, Thailand
Shopping Plaza Business
Minor International owns the Royal Garden Plaza in Pattaya and Bangkok as well as the Turtle Village in Phuket.
Minor Food Group (MFG)
Minor Food Group, 100% owned subsidiary of Minor International, is one of the biggest food service operators in Asia with over 1,300 outlets under The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express and The Coffee Club brands. Minor Food Group also owns Minor Dairy Limited (a producer premium ice cream products and ice cream toppings) and Minor Cheese Limited (producer of cheeses). The company owns The Pizza Company. Through its 70% stake in Thai Express, Minor International also owns the Shokudo Concepts, Pinle, Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, Tang Dian Wang, Double Bay, New York New York and Kiseki Japanese Buffet Restaurant. Minor International also owns 50% of The Coffee Club. Minor Food Group is a franchisee for Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen and Burger King. Minor International also has a stake in S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited, an operator of restaurant, bakery shops, coffee shops and producer of bakery products and frozen food products as well as a provider of catering and home delivery services.
Minor Food Group was established on 27 August 1980 to operate Tricon Global Restaurants’ franchised Pizza Hut brand, listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 18 December 1991, delisted on 5 January 2005 when merger with Minor International.
Brands of Minor Food Group
The following brands are owned by Minor Food Group:
- The Pizza Company: Operator and franchiser of restaurants serving pizza and Italian food.
- The Coffee Club: Operator and franchisers of restaurants. The Coffee Club provides coffee items and an all-day menu serving breakfast, lunch and dinner while maintaining the relaxed / casual atmosphere of a café.
- Thai Express: Operator and franchiser of restaurants serving Thai food.
(Thai Express also owns the following brands which serve a variety of food types: Shokudo Concepts, Pinle, Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, Tang Dian Wang, Double Bay, New York New York and Kiseki Japanese Buffet)
The company has franchise rights for the following brands:
- Dairy Queen
- Burger King
Minor Corporation (MINOR)
Minor Corporation is a leading distributor of international lifestyle brands in Thailand focusing primarily on fashion, cosmetics and education. Its brands include Gap, Esprit, Red Earth, Bossini, Timberland, Charles & Keith, Bloom, Smash Box, Tumi, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Time Life, and World Book. It owns and operates NMT Ltd, one of Thailand's leading contract manufacturers for fast-moving consumer goods.
Minor Corporation was established on 2 August 1967 as importer of foods for wholesalers and hotels. In 1983, the company has changed its core business to be a holding company. The company was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 6 January 1989 and delisted on 22 June 2009 through swap shares with Minor International.
- MD&A 2011, p. 3,5.
- F/S & Highlights The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Form 56-1 2011, p. 101.
- Minor International. "About MINT". Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Stock Exchange of Thailand. "Minor International Company Profile". Archived from the original on 2010-06-04. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- Minor International. "Minor International History". Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "RGR INCREASES STAKE IN RAJADAMRI HOTEL TO 57%". ROYAL GARDEN RESORTS PCL. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "MINT to Acquire Minor Corporation through the Implementation of Business Restructuring Plan". MINOR INTERNATIONAL PCL. 9 March 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Successful Tender Offer of MINOR shares". MINOR INTERNATIONAL PCL. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Minor International (8 September 2011). "Tender Offer to Purchase Securities of S&P (Form 247-4)". Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- กอง บก.ฐานเศรษฐกิจ (19 June 2012). "ไมเนอร์ปิดรร.แมริออท หัวหิน". ฐานเศรษฐกิจ (in thai). Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Minor International. "About Minor International-Hotel Portfolio". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Minor Food Group. "About the Minor Food Group". Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited. "S&P Syndicate Corporate Information". Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- MFG Form 56-1 2003, p. 6.
- Delisted Securities Statistics, row 135.
- Minor Food Group. "About The Coffee Club". Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- Annual Report 2011, p. 34.
- Minor Form 56-1 2000, p. 7.
- Nalin Viboonchart (24 January 2009). "Minor group in major revamp". The Nation. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Delisted Securities Statistics, row 170.
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Management Discussion and Analysis 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Balance Sheets 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (12 March 2012). 2011 Annual Report. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Minor International (2 April 2012). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2554 บริษัท ไมเนอร์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2011 Minor International Pcl] (in Thai). Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Minor Food Group (1 April 2004). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2546 บริษัท เดอะ ไมเนอร์ ฟู้ด กรุ๊ป จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2003 Minor Food Group Pcl] (in Thai). Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Minor Corporation (29 March 2001). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2543 บริษัท ไมเนอร์ คอร์ปอเรชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2000 Minor Corporation Pcl] (in Thai). Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Stock Exchange of Thailand (18 June 2012). Delisted Securities Statistics As of 18 Jun 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.