Minority (Gigi Gryce song)
|Song by Clifford Brown in Paris Sessions|
|Lyricist||Ben Sidran added original lyrics in 1980|
|Recorded by||Clifford Brown 1953
Cannonball Adderley, 1958
Gigi Gryce 1960
Pat Martino 1968
Bill Evans 1968
Ben Sidran 1980
Henri Texier 1991
Bud Shank/Phil Woods 1995
Minority is a 16-bar jazz standard in a minor key by Gigi Gryce, first recorded with Clifford Brown in Paris on October 8, 1953. Gryce recorded it again with Art Blakey, and again on his The Hap'nin's album for Prestige (May 3, 1960). It is one of the 500 songs in the 6th Edition Real Book where it appears on page 273 and has been recorded over 40 times by many of the big names in Jazz.
- Art Blakey: Blakey (EmArcy, 1954)
- Cannonball Adderley: Portrait of Cannonball (Riverside, 1958)
- Bill Evans: Everybody Digs Bill Evans (Riverside, 1958)
- Art Pepper: The Return Of Art Pepper
- Bootsie Barnes: You Leave Me Breathless!
- Pat Martino: Strings! (Prestige, 1967) Transcription: http://www.joeheider.com/fr_goodies
- Clifford Brown: Good Life. Transcription: http://backbeatmagazine.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/transcription-clifford-brown-on-minority/
- Ben Sidran: The Cat and the Hat 1980
- Bud Shank/Phil Woods: Bouncing With Bud And Phil: Live At Yoshi's 1995
- Catalano, Nick (2001). Clifford Brown : the life and art of the legendary jazz trumpeter. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 88. ISBN 978-0195144000.
- Gardner, Mark (1968). Pat Martino, "Strings!" Liner Notes. Final column: Prestige Records.
- "Minority - Gigi Gryce". Historical Notes. JazzLeadSheets.com. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- The Real Book (6th ed.). Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard Pub. Corp. 2004. p. 273. ISBN 978-0634060380.
|This jazz standard or composition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|