|Billed height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Billed weight||80 kg (180 lb)|
September 5, 1977 |
Onoda, Yamaguchi, Japan
|Trained by||Kazuo Sakurada
|Debut||April 11, 1997|
Minoru Fujita (藤田 ミノル Fujita Minoru?) is a Japanese professional wrestler contracted to Pro Wrestling Zero1, where he is a former AWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion, having won a tournament final against Takuya Sugawara.
Fujita started in Big Japan Pro Wrestling as a protégé of its top junior heavyweight, Yoshihiro Tajiri. When Tajiri, who was Big Japan junior heavyweight champion, quit the company and gave up the title, Fujita had a decision match against Katsumi Usuda from the Battlarts promotion but ended up losing.
Fujita spent his time leaving Big Japan to venture into other Japanese independents, meeting Ikuto Hidaka of Battlarts along the way and making memorable tag team matches with him. The combination, however, despite their combined talent, could not have a future due to their separate schedules; Fujita tried a move to Michinoku Pro Wrestling in 2000, but despite the higher exposure, it did little for him financially and did not raise his stock as a viable junior heavyweight contender.
He thus headed for Mexico and Puerto Rico, where he won his first major title, the International Wrestling Association junior heavyweight title. Returning to Japan in 2002, he entered New Japan Pro Wrestling (to which he had been once before, in a Best of the Super Junior tournament), to challenge the heavyweight division, but nothing came out of it. He then headed to Taka Michinoku's Kaientai Dojo promotion, but despite being promoted as a tough-to beat heel, he was never able to win titles there.
A change of pace came in 2004 when he joined Pro Wrestling Zero-One, where old friend Hidaka awaited. The two began teaming more frequently and this time they clicked, collecting several tag team titles along the way. Their greatest victory came in March 2006, when they defeated Pro Wrestling Noah stars Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Takashi Sugiura to win the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship. Since then Fujita has been a rising star in Japan and has finally shed the "underachiever" tag he was saddled with by foreign observers of puroresu.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Kohaku Wrestling Wars
- AWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ikuto Hidaka
- NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ikuto Hidaka
- WDB Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Saki Maemura
- Passion Cup Tag Tournament (2007)
- Tenka-Ichi Junior Tournament (2006)
- Tokyo World Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Best Tag Team Award (2005) with Ikuto Hidaka
- "Minoru Fujita profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Profile at Puroresu Central". Puroresu Central. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "Fujitaが高木に、論外＆Mazadが大阪06に勝利し、ベルトが愚連隊に勢揃い！世界一性格の悪い神の子が降臨！". Battle News (in Japanese). 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "東京スポーツ プロレス大賞". Tokyo Sports (in Japanese). Retrieved 2014-01-20.