Galaxy Minstrels, also known as Minstrels, are milk chocolate buttons with a hard glazed shell sold in several countries including the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Kenya, Cyprus, France, Malta, Australia, and Spain.
They originally had the slogan "They melt in your mouth, not in your hands", the same one used for M&M's in the United States and also used in the UK to market Treets in the 1960s and M&M's in the 1980s and 90s.
"Sophisticated sharing" and Croker & Jory
A new advertising campaign in July 2008 was accompanied by a new slogan: "Sophisticated sharing". One of their advertisements featured two women (played by actresses Rhona Croker and Stephanie Jory), consuming Minstrels, ostensibly in an upmarket theatre, commenting knowledgeably on their seats and the theatre acoustics, only to be revealed as delighted viewers of a male strip act.
- Treets another Mars-owned brand of sugar-shelled confectionery that pre-dated Minstrels
- Smarties, a similar brand of chocolate sweets in sugar shells with different colours
- M&M's, a Mars owned brand of sugar-shelled chocolates
- Revels, a Mars-owned brand of chocolate that includes Minstrels
- Brewer's Dictionary of Modern Phrase and Fable, "Advertising slogans of the 20th century". Accessed October 18, 2012.
- comedy cv website entry for Croker & Jory. Accessed 2 April 2012
- Galaxy Minstrels: "Sophisticated Silliness" advertisement on YouTube. Accessed 2 April 2012
- Advertisement on tellyads website. Accessed 2 April 2012
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|