||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2014)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2014)|
|No. of offices||15|
|No. of attorneys||200+ partners, 600 lawyers|
Bruce Cowley, ChairmanTony Harrington, Chief Executive Partner
|Revenue||A$416 million (2012/2013)|
Minter Ellison is an international law firm based in Australia. A member of the Big Six leading Australian law firms, it is the largest law firm headquartered in Australia, with offices across 15 cities in five countries.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
Minter Ellison dates back to 1827 when F. W. Unwin was admitted to practice in New South Wales. Its first international office was opened in London in 1974. Minter Ellison was one of the first foreign law firms to have a presence in China, initially through a joint venture arrangement in Beijing in the mid-1980s.
In 1987, Ellison Hewison Whitehead & Gillott Moir and Winneke (Ellison, Hewison & Whitehead) merged with Minter Simpson (Minter, Simpson & Co.) to become Minter Ellison.
In 1992, Minter Ellison and Morris Fletcher & Cross merged to become Minter Ellison Morris Fletcher and in 1995, the firm officially becomes known as Minter Ellison. In 2000, the Canberra office merged with Deacon Graham & James. On 1 September 2001 the New Zealand (Auckland and Wellington) law firm of Rudd Watts & Stone changed its name to Minter Ellison Rudd Watts.
Minter Ellison's key areas of practice area:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital markets
- Construction, environment, and planning
- Corporate/mergers and acquistisions (M&A)
- Dispute resolution, arbitration, and litigation
- Employment law and employee relations
- Energy and natural resources
- Native title
- Intellectual property
- International trade/WTO
- Projects and project finance
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Superannuation and pensions
- Technology, media and telecommunication
- Minter Ellison Rudd Watts (in New Zealand)
- ALB. (2010.) ALB30 Australasia's largest firms.
- Dun and Bradstreet Company360 (database online), entry: Minter Ellison Services Pty Ltd. Accessed 13 August 2011
- Minter Ellison. (2011.) Our offices. Retrieved 27 July 2011.
- "Philip Simpson: Land was the calling of a highflying lawyer". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. 21 April 2008.
- New South Wales Young Lawyers and the National Pro Bono Resource Centre. (2008.) Pro Bono Practices: A guide to the pro bono practices of NSW’s largest law firms, New South Wales Young Lawyers and the National Pro Bono Resource Centre.