|Town of Minturn, Colorado|
Location in Eagle County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||November 23, 1904|
|• Type||Home Rule Municipality|
|• Mayor||Gordon Flaherty|
|• Total||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7,861 ft (2,396 m)|
|• Density||762.9/sq mi (296.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP code||81645 (PO Box)|
|GNIS feature ID||0176136|
|Website||Town of Minturn|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2), all of it land. Minturn sits on the Eagle River between the resort communities of Vail and Beaver Creek.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,068 people, 399 households, and 244 families residing in the town. The population density was 773.4 people per square mile (298.8/km²). There were 448 housing units at an average density of 324.4 per square mile (125.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 83.33% White, 0.28% African American, 2.81% Native American, 0.09% Asian, 0.47% Pacific Islander, 11.80% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 44.48% of the population.
There were 399 households out of which 27.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.9% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.6% were non-families. 20.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the town the population was spread out with 20.2% under the age of 18, 12.8% from 18 to 24, 43.2% from 25 to 44, 18.5% from 45 to 64, and 5.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 116.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 121.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $51,736, and the median income for a family was $53,750. Males had a median income of $32,350 versus $26,750 for females. The per capita income for the town was $23,135. About 4.3% of families and 5.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.9% of those under age 18 and 3.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "Town History: Minturn's Mayors". Town of Minturn. Archived from the original on 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2007-11-23.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Town History: Minturn's Timeline". Town of Minturn. Archived from the original on 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2007-11-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minturn, Colorado.|