Minus (record label)
|Country of origin||Germany
Minus or M-nus is a recording label based in Berlin, Germany and Windsor, Canada. It was created in 1998 by Richie Hawtin when Plus 8, a label previously created by Hawtin, was put on hold. By 2005, M-nus was releasing 2 to 3 CDs and 12 to 14 records per year.
As Hawtin said of the scaling down to a smaller label, "You learn better who you are, what you are, and how to better present that and present it creatively. With Minus, we wanted to slow it down and try new things…" In 2011 Hawtin's music technology company Liine released Remiix Minus, a remix-app for iOS which enables fans to recombine loops and samples from Minus artists.
- Actual Jakshun
- Berg Nixon, also known as Ryan Crosson
- Click Box
- DJ Minx
- Fabrizio Maurizi
- Gavin Lynch, also known as Matador
- I. A. Bericochea
- Joop Junior
- Loco Dice
- Marco Carola
- Mathew Jonson
- Matthew Dear (also known as Audion and False)
- Richie Hawtin, also recording as Plastikman
- Tale of Us
- Theorem (also known as Dale Lawrence)
- Thomas Brinkman
- Tractile - (Joel Boychuk and Adam Young)
- Dan Sicko; Bill Brewster (15 April 2010). Techno rebels: the renegades of electronic funk. Wayne State University Press. pp. 221–. ISBN 978-0-8143-3438-6. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Nasrallah, Dimitri (October 2005). "Plus 8 & M-nus". exclaim. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- "Apps Rush: Real Racing 2, My Day With WH Words, Firefox for Android, Tap A Tune, iMAME, Spotify and more". The Guardian. 22 December 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (28 July 2007). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 44–. ISSN 00062510. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Vladimir Bogdanov (14 May 2001). All music guide to electronica: the definitive guide to electronic music. Backbeat Books. pp. 20–. ISBN 978-0-87930-628-1. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
|This article about a Canadian record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|