|Now at||Vatican Library|
|Size||28.4 cm by 21.1 cm|
Minuscule 130 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 596 (Soden), is a Greek-Latin minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on paper leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 15th century. It has some marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 229 paper leaves (size 28.4 cm by 21.1 cm), with one lacuna in John 19:12-21:25. Paper is white, the ink is black. The text is written in two columns per page, 26 lines per page (size of column 20.6 by 6.5 cm), in black ink. The large initial letters in colour and rubricated.
It is a curious copy, with the Latin and Greek in parallel columns, right column is Greek. The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, written in Latin.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kx. Aland did not place it to any Category. According to the Claremont Profile Method in Luke 1 and Luke 20 it belongs to the textual family Kx. In Luke 10 no profile was made.
In Luke 2:38, in the Latin text, it has the reading "Israel" for "Jerusalem".
The scribe was a Latin. The Greek text is often adapted to the Latin one.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 53.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 54.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs. p. 156.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 212.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 55. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 156.