|New Testament manuscript
|Text||New Testament (except Rev.)|
|Now at||Vatican Library|
|Size||12 cm by 8.3 cm|
Minuscule 142 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), δ 151 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. Palaeographically it had been assigned to the 11th century.
The codex contains the text of the New Testament (except Book of Revelation) on 324 parchment leaves (size 12 cm by 8.3 cm). It containing Book of Psalms. The order of New Testament books: Gospels, Acts, Catholic epistles, Pauline epistles. It contains also Hymns and Psalms.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages.
It is neatly written (Scrivener) in one column per page, 30 lines per page. The letters are very small and beautiful. The ink is brown. It contains tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each book, (synaxaria, Menologion added in 1447), subscriptions at the end of each book, pictures, and the Euthalian Apparatus. There are many marginal readings in another ancient hand.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to Kx in Luke 10 and Luke 20. In Luke 1 it has mixed Byzantine text.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 53.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 55.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1. London: George Bell & Sons. p. 213.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 157–158.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 55. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 8 March 2011.