|Now at||Vatican Library|
|Size||15.5 cm by 12 cm|
Minuscule 144 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 1001 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 10th-century. It has full marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 268 parchment leaves (size 15.5 cm by 12 cm) with some lacunae. The text is written in one column per page, 19-23 lines per page. The initial letters are beautifully written (Gregory). Texts with Matthew 1:1-11:11 (folios 1-35) and John 14:1-21:25 (folios 241-268) were lost. It has some additional matter at the end from Maximus and his Chronology from the 14th-century.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, with their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 240 sections, the last section in 16:9). It has no a references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to the textual family Kx in Luke 1, Luke 10, and Luke 20.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 53.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 55.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 158.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 213.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 55. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 158.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 7 March 2011.