|Now at||Vatican Library|
|Size||15.3 cm by 11.3 cm|
|Note||member of the family Kr
Minuscule 155 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 403 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 13th century. It has marginalia.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 241 – 16:20), but it was added by later hand.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kr. Aland placed it in Category. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to the textual family Kr in Luke 1 and Luke 20. In Luke 20 no profile was made.
It was given by Andreas Rivetus to Rutgersius (1589-1625), Swedish Ambassador to the United Provinces. It belonged to Daniel Heinsius and Nicholas Heinsius. It was cited by Daniel Heinsius, as Codex Rutgersii, in his Exercitationes sacrae in Evangel. (1639) After Nicholas Heinsius it belonged to Queen Christina of Sweden and Cardinal Pietro Ottoboni.
Heinsius, one of its owner, worked on the Textus Receptus of the Greek New Testament for Elzeviers edition (1624, 1633), than influence of the codex 155 on the Textus Receptus is possible. According to Jonge it is possible only in 12 places, but all of this changes can be explained by the influence of the Complutensian Polyglotte.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 53.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 56.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 159.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 214.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 56, 92. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- H. J. de Jonge, "The Manuscriptus Evangeliorum Antiquissimus of Daniel Hensius", NTS 21 (1974-1975), pp. 286-294.
- Henry Stevenson (1888). Codices manuscripti Graeci Reginae Svecorum et Pii Pp. II. Bibliothecae Vaticanae, descripti praeside I.B. Cardinali Pitra. Rom. p. 62-63.
- H. J. de Jonge, "The Manuscriptus Evangeliorum Antiquissimus of Daniel Hensius", NTS 21 (1974_1975), pp. 286-294.