|Now at||National Library of France|
|Size||33.6 cm by 23.3 cm|
Minuscule 20 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), A138 (Soden). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, dated paleographically to the 11th-century. The manuscript has complex contents and full marginalia. It was prepared for the church reading.
The codex contains a complete text of the four Gospels on 274 thick parchment leaves (33.6 cm by 23.3 cm). The text is written in 1 column per page, biblical text in 36 lines per page, text of commentary in 51 lines per page. According to F. H. A. Scrivener it is carelessly written.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also another division according to the Ammonian Sections, with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
It contains tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each of the Gospels, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), subscriptions at the end of each of the Gospels, numbers of στιχοι, pictures, and catenae. It has the commentaries of (Chrysostomos in Matthew, Luke, and John, Victorinus in Mark). It contains the famous the Jerusalem Colophon.
The codex was brought from the East in 1669. It was added to the list of the New Testament manuscripts by J. J. Wettstein (20). It was collated by Scholz and W. F. Rose. It was examined and described by Paulin Martin. C. R. Gregory saw the manuscript in 1885.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 49.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments (2 ed.). Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 48. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs’sche Buchhandlung. p. 133.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 193.
- David Alan Black, New Testament Textual Criticism, Baker Books, 2006, p. 64.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 53. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin (1883). Description technique des manuscrits grecs, relatif au Nouveau Testament, conservé dans les bibliothèques des Paris. Paris. p. 31-35.