List of the κεφαλαια to John and the first page of John; the decorated headpiece
|Now at||Bible Museum|
|Size||22 cm by 15 cm|
Minuscule 2444 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on 309 paper leaves (22 cm by 15 cm). It is dated paleografically to the 13th century. Some leaves of the codex were lost.
The decorated headpieces, the large initials are rubricated and in colour, the small initials in red. It has breathings and accents. The nomina sacra are written in an abbreviated way. Error of itacism is frequent.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, but there is no their τιτλοι (titles) at the top and bottom. There is also another division according the smaller Ammonian Sections with a references to the Eusebian Canons.
It contains the Pericope Adulterae (John 7:53-8:11).
In John 21:23 it lacks phrase ουκ ειπεν αυτω ο ΙΣ οτι ουκ αποθνησκει in main text, but it was added at the margin.
- John 1:28 – Βηθανια ] βιθαβαρα
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 188.
- Handschriftenliste at the Münster Institute
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 137, 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The profile method for the classification and evaluation of manuscript evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 86. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minuscule 2444 (GA).|