|Now at||State Historical Museum|
|Size||19.5 cm by 15 cm|
Minuscule 245 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 1226 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1199. It has marginalia.
The codex contains a complete text of the four Gospels on 255 parchment leaves (size 19.5 cm by 15 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 21-23 lines per page. The leaves were arranged in quarto.
It contains the Eusebian Canon tables, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel; it contains lectionary markings at the margin for liturgical reading. Synaxarion and Menologion were added by a later hand.
The manuscript was written by John, a priest, in 1199. Formerly the manuscript was held at the monastery Vatopedi at Athos peninsula. It was brought to Moscow, in 1655, by the monk Arsenius, on the suggestion of the Patriarch Nikon, in the reign of Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov (1645-1676). The manuscript was collated by C. F. Matthaei.
See also 
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 56.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 61.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 171.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 57. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 224.
Further reading 
- C. F. Matthaei, Novum Testamentum Graece et Latine, (Riga, 1782-1788). (as o)
- Minuscule 245 at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism