|Now at||Biblioteka Jagiellońska|
|Size||24.3 cm by 17.5 cm|
Minuscule 257 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 466 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 14th century. Formerly it was labelled by 302a and 260p. Scrivener by 250a and 300p. It has marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles on 116 parchment leaves (24.3 cm by 17.5 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 39 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages.
The manuscript was written by Joseph, a scribe. Heinrich Brugsch brought it from Cairo to Berlin. It was held in Königliche Bibliothek Gr. Quarto 43. Gregory saw it in 1887. Formerly it was labelled by 302a and 260p. In 1908 C. R. Gregory gave the number 257 to it.
At the end of 1943 year has increased the frequency of the bombing of Berlin. The Prussian State Library sent many collections out of Berlin to be sheltered in Silesia for safekeeping. As the result of postwar border changes some of these collections were found in Poland (among them minuscule 257). They were moved to the Jagiellonian University Library.
It was cited only once in the Novum Testamentum Graece (Nestle-Aland 27 ed.) – in 1 Cor 11:23.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 57.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 62.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 285.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 302.
- David Alan Black, New Testament Textual Criticism, Baker Books, 2006, p. 65.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 132, 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Sroka Marek, The Music Collection of the Former Prussian State Library at the Jagiellonian Library in Kraków, Poland: Past, Present, and Future Developments, Library Trends – Volume 55, Number 3, Winter 2007, pp. 651-664