|Now at||Biblioteca Marciana|
|Size||19.5 cm by 15 cm|
Minuscule 416 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering; ε 422 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule parchment manuscript of the New Testament. Via palaeography it has been assigned to the 14th century. The marginal equipment is full.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 153 parchment leaves (19.5 cm by 15 cm), with numerous lacunae (Matthew 1:1-25:36; 26:17-27:17; 27:33-Mark 2:25; John 18:8-21:25). The text's format is one column per page, with 22 lines per page.The hand in which it is written is very rough.
The text is divided according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 234 Sections, 16:9), whose numbers are given at the margin, with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers). The division according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), with τιτλοι (titles), was added by later hand.
It contains tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, subscriptions at the end of each Gospel, Synaxarion, Menologion, pictures, lectionary markings at the margin (added by later hand), and αναγνωσεις (lessons).
Wiedmann and J. G. J. Braun collated some portions of the manuscript for Scholz (1794-1852). The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Scholz. C. R. Gregory saw it in 1886.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 63.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 72. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 236.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 187–188.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The profile method for the classification and evaluation of manuscript evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 60. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1. London. p. 225.