|Now at||Bavarian State Library|
|Size||23.8 cm by 16.8 cm|
Minuscule 422 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 186 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th century. The marginal equipment is full.
The codex contains a complete text of the four Gospels on 256 parchment leaves (23.8 cm by 16.8 cm). It is written in two columns per page, in 28 lines per page. The manuscript was written by an ignorant scribe, who made many errors.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 240 Sections, the last in 16:19), with references to the Eusebian Canons (partially).
It contains the Epistula ad Carpianum, Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, Synaxarion, Menologion, subscriptions at the end of each Gospel, and numbers στιχοι. Lectionary markings at the margin were added by a later hand.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents textual family Kx in Luke 10 and Luke 20. In Luke 1 it has a mixture of the Byzantine text-families.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 63.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 72. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 237.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 188.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The profile method for the classification and evaluation of manuscript evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 60. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1. London: George Bell & Sons. p. 225.