|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Bodleian Library|
|Size||12 cm by 19 cm|
|Hand||a vile hand|
|Note||member of the Kr group
Minuscule 47 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 515 (Von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 15th century. It has complex contents and some marginalia.
The codex contains the complete text of the four Gospels on 554 leaves (size 12 cm by 19 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 14-17 lines per page. The leaves are often dislocated. According to Scrivener it was written in "a vile hand".
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin (also in Latin), and their τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents mixed text in Luke 1. In Luke 10 and Luke 20 it belongs to the textual family Family Kr.
In John 8:2-3 it reads και καθισας εδιδασκεν αυτους εν τισιν αντιγραφαις οθτως αγουσι δε οι γραμματεις.
In John 8:6 it has textual reading και προσποιουμενος.
The manuscript was written by a scribe Joannes Serbopoulos (or Zerbopoulos) along with manuscripts minuscule 56 and minuscule 58. It was used in Walton's Polyglotte (as Bodl .1). It was examined by Mill (as Bodl. 6).
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 49.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 49.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2014-10-19.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. pp. 139–140.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 197.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 53, 92. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.