|Now at||Trinity College, Cambridge|
|Size||21 cm by 15 cm|
Minuscule 477 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 350 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 13th century. Scrivener labelled it by number 508. The manuscript has complex contents, with marginalia.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections, (without references to the Eusebian Canons).
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents textual cluster 1216 in Luke 1 (weak), Luke 10 (weak), and Luke 20. It creates textual pair with 2174.
The manuscript formerly was held at the Pantokratoros monastery at Mount Athos. It was brought to England and belonged to Richard Bentley (as did Minuscule 489), who presented it to the Trinity College.
The manuscript was examined and collated by Scrivener, who published its text in 1852. The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Scrivener. C. R. Gregory saw it in 1883.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 65.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 248–249.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 193.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 75. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 61. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- F. H. A. Scrivener (1853). A Full and Exact Collation of About 20 Greek Manuscripts of the Holy Gospels. Cambridge and London. pp. XL. (as i)