|Text||New Testament (except Rev.)|
|Now at||Williams College|
Minuscule 483 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 376 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1285 (altered to 985). Scrivener labelled it by number 543. The manuscript has complex contents.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles). The text of the Gospels is also divided according to the Ammonian Sections.
It contains the Epistula ad Carpianum, Eusebian Canon tables, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), Synaxarion (before Acts and all Epistles), and Menologion (after Jude). It has many corrections made by two hands.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Aland placed it in Category V. According to Scrivener it is different from codex 484 – both written by the same scribe – only in 183 places (errors of itacism excluded).
The manuscript was written by Theodorus Hagiopetrita (as Minuscule 74, 484) in 1295 CE. It once belonged to Caesar de Missy, then to Duke's Sussex library. In 1845 it belonged to the Wm. Pickering, the bookseller. Scrivener in 1894 noticed "its present locality is unknown". The same wrote Gregory in 1900: "Heute verschollen". It was found later in U.S.A.
See also 
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 65.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 76. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 253.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 194.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 61, 92. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
Further reading 
- F. H. A. Scrivener, A Full and Exact Collation of About 20 Greek Manuscripts of the Holy Gospels (Cambridge and London, 1852), p. LI. (as q)
- F. H. A. Scrivener, An Exact Transcript of the Codex Augiensis (Cambridge and London, 1859), p. 63. (as f)
- K. W. Clark, A Descriptive Catalogue of Greek New Testament Manuscripts in America (Chicago, 1936), pp. 17-20.