|New Testament manuscript
|Text||New Testament (except Rev)|
|Now at||National Library of France|
|Size||21 cm by 15.5 cm|
Minuscule 5 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), δ 453 (Soden). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on 342 parchment leaves (21 cm by 15.5 cm), dated palaeographically to the 13th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains entire of the New Testament except the Book of Revelation. The order of books: Gospels, Acts, Catholic epistles, Pauline epistles; Hebrews placed before 1 Timothy, Colossians precede Philippians. The text is written in one column per page, 28 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 234 Sections – the last in Mark 16:9), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
According to Scrivener it was carefully written.
The Greek text of this codex in Catholic epistles and Pauline epistles Aland placed it in Category III, in Acts — in Category V (561 261/2 142 9s). The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the commentated Byzantine text. Aland the text of the Gospels placed in Category V (2011 1031/2 72 12s) but with hesitation.
Calabria probably is the place of its provenance. It was used by Robert Estienne in his Editio Regia, and designated by him as δ'. It was examined by Wettstein, Scholz, and Paulin Martin. C. R. Gregory saw the manuscript in 1884.
It was not cited in NA26 and NA27, but it was used by NA28.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 48.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments (2 ed.). Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 47. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs’sche Buchhandlung. p. 129.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4th ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 191.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 53. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 129. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- UBS3, p. 564.
- UBS3, p. 576.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs, relatif au Nouveau Testament, conservé dans les bibliothèques des Paris (Paris 1883), pp. 19-20
- NA28, s. 66*.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- F. J. A. Hort, Journal of philology, Vol. 3, London und Cambridge 1871, p. 70.
- Minuscule 5 at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism