|Now at||Bodleian Library|
|Size||29 cm by 22 cm|
Minuscule 50 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), A232 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th century. The manuscript has survived incomplete.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 241 leaves (size 29 cm by 22 cm) with a commentary. The text is written in one column per page, 18-26 lines per page. It has considerable lacunae (Matthew 1:1-9.35; 12:3-23; 17:12-24; 25:20-32; John 5:18-21:25).
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numerals are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections, with references to the Eusebian Canons.
The tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) are placed before each Gospel. It contains subscriptions at the end of each Gospel, numbers of στιχοι (in Luke), and pictures. Text of Mark 14:40-16:20 was supplied by a later hand. The text is surrounded by a catena.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. It was not examined by the Claremont Profile Method.
It contains many unusual readings.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 50.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 49.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 140.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 197.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 53–54. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.