|Now at||British Library|
|Size||20.6 cm by 14.8 cm|
Minuscule 500 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 323 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 13th-century. Scrivener labeled it by number 587. The manuscript was adapted for liturgical use. It is lacunose.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 244 parchment leaves (size 20.6 cm by 14.8 cm) with some lacunae (John 18:7-21; 19:40-21:25). The text is written in one column per page, 23 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 234 sections, the last in 16:9), (without references to the Eusebian Canons).
It contains the Epistula ad Carpianum, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), αναγνωσεις, and subscriptions at the end of each Gospel. It lacks the Eusebian tables but there is space for it. Synaxarion and Menologion, liturgical books with hagiographies, added by a later hand on paper.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family K1. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to the textual family Kx in Luke 20. In Luke 1 and Luke 10 no profile was made because of illegible text.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 66.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 259.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 76. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 196.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 61. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.