|Now at||British Library|
|Size||20.5 cm by 16.5 cm|
Minuscule 504 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), 585 (in the Scrivener's numbering), ε 111 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment, dated to the year 1033. The manuscript has complex context with full marginalia. It was adapted for liturgical use.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 240 sections – the last in 16:19), with references to the Eusebian Canons.
It contains Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) are placed before every Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), Menologion, Synaxarion, and pictures (portraits of the four Evangelists).
It has many marginal corrections of the text.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents the textual family Kx in Luke 1, Luke 10, and Luke 20.
The manuscript was written by Synesius, a priest. In was bought by H. Rodd in 1848.
See also 
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 66.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 77. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'che Buchhandlung. p. 196.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4th ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 258.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 61. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
Further reading 
- Dated Greek Minuscule Manuscripts to the year 1200, ed. Kirsopp Lake and Silva Lake, vol. II, p. 69.
- Facsimiles of Manuscripts and Inscriptions, ed. E. A. Bond, E. M. Thompson and others, I (London, 1873–1883), p. 202.