|Now at||Christ Church, Oxford|
|Size||28.5 cm by 21 cm|
Minuscule 507 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 142 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th-century. Scrivener labeled it by number 493. It was adapted for liturgical use.
The text is divided according to numbers of the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, with τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 234 sections, the last section in 16:9), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written in the same line as Ammonian Sections).[n 1]
It contains (Epistula ad Carpianum later hand), Eusebian Canon tables, (prolegomena later hand), tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) are placed before each Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (partly later), incipits, Synaxarion (liturgical book with hagiographies), subscriptions at the end of each Gospel (some from later hand), ρηματα, and numbers of στιχοι.
The manuscript was written by Abraham Teudas, a scribe. In 1724 (or 1727) the manuscript came from the Pantokratoros monastery to England and was presented to archbishop of Canterbury, William Wake, along with the codices 73, 74, 506-520. Wake presented it to the Christ Church College in Oxford. In 1732 John Walker slightly collated it for Bentley.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 66.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 77. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4th ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 246.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 197.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 61. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- George William Kitchin, Catalogus codicum MSS. qui in bibliotheca Aedis Christi, Oxford 1867.
- Bernard de Montfaucon, Palaeographia graeca (Paris, 1708), p. 46.