|Now at||Christ Church, Oxford|
|Size||19.9 cm by 16.2 cm|
Minuscule 513 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 261 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Dated by a colophon to the 12th century. Scrivener labeled it by number 499. The manuscript is lacunose. Full marginalia. It was adapted for liturgical use.
The codex contains the complete text of the four Gospels on 162 parchment leaves (size 19.9 cm by 16.2 cm) with some lacunae (Matthew 5:3-30; 8:4-25; 13:46-18:28; Luke 1:44-75; 4:42-5:36; 8:10-28; 11:13-33; 14:11-31; John 20:12-21:1). Matthew 1:1-5:3 was supplied on paper by a later hand. It is written in one column per page, 25 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 236 Sections - the last in 16:12), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written at the margin below Ammonian Section numbers).
The manuscript was written by Chariton, a monk. In 1727 the manuscript came from Constantinople to England and was presented to archbishop of Canterbury, William Wake, together with minuscules 73, 74, 506-520. Wake presented it to the Christ Church College in Oxford.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 66.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 77. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 198.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 247.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 62. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Dated Greek Minuscule Manuscripts to the year 1200, ed. Kirsopp Lake and Silva Lake, vol. V, p. 197.