|Now at||British Library|
|Size||28.9 cm by 23.7 cm|
Minuscule 549 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), 536 (Scrivener's numbering), A 136 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th century. The manuscript has complex contents. It was adapted for liturgical use.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 217 parchment leaves (size 28.9 cm by 23.7 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 12 lines per page for biblical text, and 33 lines per page with a Commentary.
It contains Prolegomena, the tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) are placed before every Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), incipits, Synaxarion, Menologion, and subscriptions at the end of each Gospel. The biblical text is surrounded by a commentary. The commentary to the Gospel of Mark is of Victorinus authorship.
Formerly the manuscript was held in the Xenophontos monastery at Athos peninsula. In 1837 Robert Curzon, Lord Zouche, brought this manuscript to England (along with the manuscripts 547, 550, 551). The entire collection of Curzon was bequeathed by his daughter in 1917 to the British Museum, where it had been deposited, by his son, since 1876.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 67.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 79. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 201.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 252.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 62. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Heike Behlmer, ... `As Safe as in the British Museum`: Paul de Lagarde and His Borrowing of Manuscripts from the Collection of Robert Curzon The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology Vol. 89, (2003), pp. 231-238.
- S. Emmel, Catalogue of Materials for Writing, Early Writings on Tablets and Stones, rolled and other Manuscripts and Oriental Manuscript Books, in the Library of the Honourable Robert Curzon (London 1849).